What is this electric panel for

AR. Hillbilly

Registered
Registered
The panel hanging below the motor.
Will that have to stay?
I just bought this and will have to add a VFD/ inverter for 3 phase.
Also this mill has 2 motors. One for power feed and one for the spindle. Will I need 2 VFD?
Index 55

Assuming the panel is housing the control circuitry for the mill, if you convert to VFD you can eliminate most of those components so you might be able to house the VFDs in there. Yes, you will need a separate VFD for each motor. The VFDs must be wired directly to the motors and the VFD becomes the control, so any switches, etc must be wired to the VFD, Not between the VFD and the motor.

Please post pictures if you can

Not sure what "This" is. More information and a picture would enable us to comment with some confidence.
Best to open the box up and see what is in it. It could be a junction box, it could contain a transformer for lower voltage or single phase components, or relays to operate different function or it could be a motor starter.

More information and a picture would be helpful to give you good information.

Pics of the whole mill?
The motors?
Anything in particular?
I have lots of pics of it where I bought it. It hasn’t arrived yet.

The panel hanging below the motor.
Will that have to stay?
I just bought this and will have to add a VFD/ inverter for 3 phase.
Also this mill has 2 motors. One for power feed and one for the spindle. Will I need 2 VFD?
Index 55

Attachments

• B2691A25-6CB3-43B8-B136-5C3535394486.png
    B2691A25-6CB3-43B8-B136-5C3535394486.png
    709.7 KB · Views: 73
The power feed motor might be a standard 120 volt motor if you are lucky

If the motor has two wires coming out then you are good to go
Check the motor data plate if there is one

Pretty unlikely that the motor has just two wires - at least I've never seen such a thing on anything other than very small machines. Pics of the panel interior are the best way to answer this question.

GsT

Back