What do with "inherited" ACRA mill

If you show a good picture of the cart of tooling I bet someone here can identify what would go with the mill. I have an Acra mill and have been happy with it. I payed two thousand for it about six years ago in California. The house sold and they wanted it and a lathe gone so they could close the sale

It looks like it is hard wired into the electrical. It would be easier to sell if it were on a plug. But this way a buyer should at least be able to turn it on and see it run. In my book, that is a wash as far as the price. If you have to hire an electrician to disconnect it, that my be a factor too.

There is some surface rust visible but I can't tell how the rest of the table looks. Please post many pictures here, the more the better and close up details of a few things like the surface of the table.

Also there appears to be a DRO (digital read out). Try flipping the switch to see if that comes on. That is a plus for you if it works.

In my part of the country that is probably a $2500 + machine. In TX I suspect the $2500 to $3000 is a valid estimate if it runs and the DRO works.
Accessories just add to the price.

See if you can find a tag that shows info about the motor. HP, phase, voltage. That kind of info will be important to a buyer.

A year ago, I would have been contacting you about buying it. I drove 3000 miles round trip to get a mill.

FYI: A Kurt 6" is a brand/size vise (mounted on the mill table).

In your "for sale" listing, provide pictures showing the condition of the vise jaws and also the nameplate. A Kurt 6" is worth a few hundred by itself, so will make the mill more attractive.

In your "for sale" listing, provide a clear picture of the data plate on the mill's electric motor (on top, in the back) showing the motor nomenclature.

Wipe the unpainted metal with some oil before you take the listing pictures. Dry and rusty isn't a great selling point.

Try to evaluate the competence of any potential buyer to SAFELY remove the stuff from your property. If Bozo damages your property or somebody, it will be a problem. NOTHING moves 'till you have cash in hand.

@piper184 brings up some good points about the electricals.
If it's hooked-up and runs, that will be attractive to a buyer (they can be confident it runs).
Disconnecting it is not rocket science but safety is a legitimate concern for both the person doing it AND they must leave your residence/garage electricals in a safe state. Find somebody you can trust.

The DRO (shoe box sized display, face high behind the right side of the table) lit-up (operating) in your listing photos would be a PLUS.

Back