What Can Be Done With This...? (re-purposing)

I use an acetylene one for pressure testing tanks. You can dial it down to a psi or so. Then spray windex on the welds, shows up pin holes with a nice froth.

Greg
5% dish soap & water is a lot cheaper than Windex. Works better, too: Windex is very low surfactant: it works, it's just not the best option.

:beer bottles:My vote goes for the beer dispenser of course !!

:+1: on the NO2 tank for your sled, that needs a little more git up an go :grin:

From what i am seeing it's a 4K psi primary, 60 psi regulated unit. Couple things come to mind. If you searched for a chart for gas flow through an orifice and found / made an orifice for the secondary side you could use it for a flow meter for a TIG/MIG welding operation. Someone mentioned using helium for Aluminum welding and that's true. It will regulate any gas that's tank pressure is below 3000 PSI. I would not advise going over that, but if you can find a part number and a spec sheet for the regulator, it may have higher capacity that what the gauges show. If you decide to use it for aluminum, get a Y adapter and feed argon in one side, helium in the other and set the orifice for equal pressure and 2% of the total flow on the line. Other options are getting a smallish CO2 or nitrogen tank and using it as a portable compressed air source. You will need to verify the capacity of the regulator first as I believe nitrogen stores at 4500 psi.

Back