What brand ER40 collet set do you use?

I believe that means you'll get the sizes from 1/8 inch to 1", in 1/32 inch increments.

I have a 12 piece set of Techniks er20 collets in 5/32 to 1/2", in 1/32 increments.

They are excellent collets.

That's what I was wondering, lower on the page it states by 1/16ths, so I don't know.

That's what I was wondering, lower on the page it states by 1/16ths, so I don't know.
The description and pictures and title are inconsistent. This allindustrial listing has been criticized before... The set is good, but there has to be a missing value. There are 28 possible by 1/32 value collets between 1/8" and 1". So I think that rules out being by 1/32nds. Or 14 possible 1/16 value collets between 1/8 and 1". My bet, it is by 1/16" values with one missing. It is a good price for Techniks. The webpage is poorly done.

Most of the 1/32" increment ER sets are missing collet sizes, even the the ER40 set I purchased from Z-Live I had to back fill a few sizes that were missing. Need to check the sizes and descriptions, lots of miss information. I used the same case and made a new wood holder for all the sizes, plus a few metric that I use. I went with a 1/32" set because it has a smaller collapsible range, and the less expensive collets there were people who purchased generic sets and the TIR went wonky at the end of their collapsed range. Most of my stock is imperial so there is less collapsing of the collet. ANy close tolerance work I look for the specific size collet as opposed to using the collapsible range.ER40 1-32 complete set.jpg

Yes, there are a few sizes that are uncommon. 9/32, 15/32, 19/32, 23/32 and 29/32 are hard to find. Curious to know why.

I use ER20 for CNC tool holding. Will only buy Techniks. They are about $10-15 each (different places have different prices and availability) and have awesome low runout that I trust. Been buying cheap Aliexpress and eBay collects for a while and scrapped them

Back