What are your plans for 2022?

erikmannie

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I am planning to:

(1) Pay off $38,000 in tool debt,
(2) Buy a TMX or Bison 12”, 6-jaw chuck along with the same brand D1-6 adapter,
(3) Right after paying off all consumer debt (mid-October 2022), get a new loan for a PM-1054 3-phase variable speed milling machine, a Millermatic 255, a Millermatic 252 with a spoolgun, and one more Miller small runner cart.

I have to work 70+ hours a week for the next 18 months to make this happen, so I need to make sure & not get sick or injured.

My plan.... Learn how to use the new machines that are currently on a container ship headed this way. Get my Bronco project back in the shop and start working on it again.

I finished paying off all my debts a month ago. Now I need to start working on my wife's debts.
I work in the contracting industry, and there are whispers our contract may end early next year.
So, until that matter is settled, I won't be buying anything which cannot be purchased with cash.

If that risk proves to be nothing, then I am eyeing a PM1228 lathe in April. I like the idea of a lathe, which requires
change gears to be moved less frequently. A bit more length and power won't hurt my feelings either.
My current 7 X 16 lathe has works like a champ, so I certainly won't badmouth it.

Beyond that, I need to finish getting my current toys properly modified, upgraded, and positioned in
a more sensible position in the shop. The problem with being in the "acquiring phase" of any shop, is
figuring out the best location for all the pieces. It changes every time you add a major piece. It may turn
out there is no good space for the PM1228 until I re-home my smaller lathe.

But then, that is a First World Problem, and not worth complaining about.

Last edited:
Retire in April,
Wait impatiently for delivery of my 2022 Ford Bronco.
Take a long RV trip to visit national parks from Chaco canyon to Glacier and back to San Diego.
Take a trip to Portugal in October.

Back