Well It's Almost In My Shop!

For threading, I have seen regular die heads that run onto the piece, then the spindle stops & reverses as the turret backs away. I have seen others with 'Trips' where the die runs onto the piece then pops open & the turret backs away without the spindle stopping.
Please keep in mind that everything I know has been learned in just the last few weeks & I am reaching the point of information overload.

A great find, and for only 200 bucks. I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with your new toy. Of course it's really a production machine designed for long runs, and no doubt you could make a bit of money doing some jobs for someone that needs some special parts, but maybe you're not interested, your call, as long as you have fun.

A bit like you, my wife had a stroke a few months ago, and although she is slowly, very slowly, getting better. We don't know yet, how much better she will get, and it's along way off yet, so my shop gives me much needed sanity time. Even though i've only got 1 real machine plus a couple of extra toys. I'm just starting out so I still have to make a heap of tools and stuff before I can get down to making anything like a project, but we'll get there.

Good on you for getting her moved on your own, been there myself a time or ten. Thanks for posting the video, and will look forward to following your progress. For $200 I would have not been able to pass it by either. Cheers, Mike

Back