Welding Tables?

First you've got to develop relationships with scrap yards. Bring scrap there a few times, get to know them. Then with some luck they'll let you pick.

First you've got to develop relationships with scrap yards. Bring scrap there a few times, get to know them. Then with some luck they'll let you pick.

I can understand that. But, as bad as my back is I can't go rummaging through a scrap yard. I think the easiest thing for me to do is just buy the plate from Metals Super Market

(for ED too)
Where did you find your top? I must admit I have not tried to find anything so far, but where would someone look for something like that?

Sorry, my reply is very late as I only just saw it. Mine was given to me by a guy who had it lying on the ground in his backyard for a couple of years and didn't want it any more. However I did look for similar sized steel plates and found a lot at metal recycler yards and they charged by the weight, so my top would have cost quite a lot as it weighs about 750-800Kg. They also had various thickness from 12mm up to 19mm but some of the sheets were up to 6m long. Usually they are from left overs from large industrial sites and are a bit rusty.

I have recently heard about a council tip that is in the middle of nowhere surrounded by lots of mining companies and so forth, and I have been told that they almost give away the scrap steel up there as it is too expensive to cart to recycling depots. So I am thinking about going for a drive with a trailer in a couple of months, but it also means I will have to travel about 250Km each way to reach it and I will also have to hire a large trailer for a day or two to make it worth my while as it wouldn't take much to load up my 8' x 5' trailer to it's limit.

I have one I built from boiler pipe and 1/2" plate (2'x3'). If i ever buy one, it will be a Certaflat with the bolt-on extenders for an extra foot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Extra foot in each direction. I'll use them as backsplashs when the extra space is not needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Back