Welding Tables?

That table looks pretty nice. If you've got the money check out a StrongHand table, Jody Collier likes this table...and anything the man says is always "spot on" . I've also seen StrongHand tables on monster garage when they are jigging up motorcycle frames . If u wana go cheap, the fold up welding table from Harbor Freight works fine . Many welders use it, i've had mine a few years and it's a good cheap table, definitely not junk, just basic . Probably good to learn on too . $69
http://www.harborfreight.com/welding/welding-accessories/adjustable-steel-welding-table-61369.html . If you go over on weldingtipsandtricks.com you'll get good answers to alot of these kind of questions you're gona have. That is a laid back forum that's all welders, alot of professional welders from aerospace, motorsports , Cryo , oil/gas , Job shop and hobbyists , no attitudes towards noobs there , they dont allow it .

Last edited:
I stumbled on a 5'x5' 3000# acorn table which I intercepted on the way to the scrap bin. Was actually on the fork lift to the bin. - $300 included loading. I use her for TIG and other layout work. Super flat.

Have a large piece of 1/2" plate, maybe 4'x5' propped up on concrete blocks outside I use for shielded (stick/arc), I also have an OA track cutter which works really well on this plate. I try to keep slag chipped off use a flap disc as necessary. I paint it with used motor oil just before first snow. The plate came off of a pile of discards, to rusty and odd shaped to sell.

I don't do any mig/flux core/plasma.

Just before finding the acorn I was collecting misc pieces to build a table similar to what you see below. Most of my welding is fixtured with fussy angles and heights. I like to set up, measure, and remeasure, weld and remeasure. Yes, I know a real welder would do it right the first time.... I like the channel as it accepts shop made T nuts, much cheaper than all the clamps. Drill additional holes as needed.
welding4_122910.jpg Note: this channel table is not mine. I was planning on this type of build.

Daryl
MN

Last edited:
Mine's a home made affair. 3/8" steel plate welded to scrap steel pipe legs. I took the sheet metal skin off an old top load washing machine and tacked it to the table to enclose 3 sides. It cost me nothing and suits my needs.

Do not usually need firm fix turning but for things that need to be held flat and square we have an old cast iron table from a very old table saw that was free at an estate sale.

Slides into a hole with other bits and comes out and on the car lift/adjustable bench as needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Hello,

I am wondering what everyone uses for their welding table. Are they home built or a commercially made table?
I have seen the CertiFlat table which look like a really great table. But if you don't have the money for one of those I was wondering how one these would work as a starter table...

36"X24" Stainless Steel Commercial Work Table

If the only thing you'll be doing on that table is welding, it may work o.k. But, if you use a welding table as I do as well as many others, you'll be pounding, clamping, prying, twisting, bending, grinding, etc. on your welding table and a table that light just won't cut it. My table isn't anything fancy by a long shot. Just a 4'x4'x1/2" steel plate on some 4" steel pipe legs with a little angle/channel iron bracing that I made up from scrounged materials. If I were you, I'd check around at some of your local metal suppliers, salvage yards, metal recyclers, etc. and see if you can't find materials to make yourself a fairly heavy duty table. It shouldn't be that expensive, you'll have it for years and I think you'll be much happier. Besides, it will be a fun project to build with your new welder !

Ted

Back