Wax your Snow Shovel

We had about 7” of wet and heavy snow yesterday and I noted that the snow was sticking to my recently reworked steel snow shovel again. Remembered waxing sled runners and toboggans in the past. Figured it could help to keep the snow from sticking to the shovel. I blew a lot of the snow with my JD walk-behind blower and clogged the discharge chute a couple of times. Applied a heavy coat of Johnson’s Paste Wax to the shovel this morning to remove the remainder of the slush and the new 1” of snow from last night. What a difference, not having to fight with getting snow off of the shovel. Going to wax the snow blowers chute before the upcoming snows. I believe that it will help minimize clogs.

Fluid film works wonders I use it on my blower and under the mower deck, and the truck frame etc.

We had 10" of snow Tuesday and Wednesday. It took 5 hrs of shoveling and plowing to clear it. Today, we are looking at possibly another 12" with winds gusting to 50 mph. I rewaxed the shovels this morning and have to go out on our kitchen roof to remove the snow as 20" would creae some severe stress on the overhang. Tomorrow, it will be shoveling and plowing again as the temperatures are predicted to drop to sub zero Fahrenheit highs for the weekend and first part of the week.:surrender:

We had 10" of snow Tuesday and Wednesday. It took 5 hrs of shoveling and plowing to clear it. :surrender:

I feel your pain. Saturday, it's supposed to get down to 64º F. I see a full day wearing shorts and a long sleeve T-shirt!

Back