Wax your Snow Shovel

OTmachine

Registered
Registered
We had about 7” of wet and heavy snow yesterday and I noted that the snow was sticking to my recently reworked steel snow shovel again. Remembered waxing sled runners and toboggans in the past. Figured it could help to keep the snow from sticking to the shovel. I blew a lot of the snow with my JD walk-behind blower and clogged the discharge chute a couple of times. Applied a heavy coat of Johnson’s Paste Wax to the shovel this morning to remove the remainder of the slush and the new 1” of snow from last night. What a difference, not having to fight with getting snow off of the shovel. Going to wax the snow blowers chute before the upcoming snows. I believe that it will help minimize clogs.

That reminds me that I need to oil the plow blade. We have about 5 in. on the ground with a forecast for another 5 or so for today.
Thanks

My snow shovel has a polycarbonate blade. No waxing required.

Have to wonder how mold release would work , not that I anticipate snow in the future but I have 80 cans to use somehow .

Isn’t most mold release silicone spray?We used to use it for the nut shaker pads and slings for lubrication until California band it.

Have to wonder how mold release would work , not that I anticipate snow in the future but I have 80 cans to use somehow .

I can beta test it for you if you’d like to send me a few cans!

I have about 3/4 mile of driveway to keep open.

b96872519a9f7c5c860433622763635d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 8" of the heavy wet stuff yesterday.. I waxed both the aluminum blade and the polypropylene blade snow shovels with Turtle paste wax this morning. After 4-1/2 hrs of shifting snow, no sticking. I have used silicone spray in the past. The snow doesn't stick but the silicone wears off fairly quickly. I had thought about ski wax. There is a formulation for wet snow. I'm not a skier so it something that I have at hand.

Back