Wax your Snow Shovel

Damn, it's tough when you have to wear a long sleeve shirt! At least, we don't have hurricanes.

I had a coworker that relocated to Northern Mi couple years ago and his comment was he liked to deal with a bit of snow as the worst weather we usually endured. In Florida, you would wake up and your house could be in a new zip code in their worst weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.In Florida, you would wake up and your house could be in a new zip code...
You don't sleep during a hurricane. Imagine your house inside a giant vacuum cleaner, with someone outside using it to pick up rocks, trees, cars and all other trash and all that trash being thrown against your house. The sound of all that wind and everything hitting your house will definitely keep you up.

Best advice for Florida, is to build your house on a hill, (if you can find one), and make window inserts for your brick house.

We moved snow for the third time in in four days. A total of almost ten hours of plowing and shoveling the 18" of total accumulation. The temperature dipped below zero just before midnight and was -12.3ºF when I got up this morning. We are looking at a week of below zero lows and at least three days of below zero highs.

I am glad that we're retired and only have to venture out to take the dog for a walk and get the mail.

Back