Wanted small Planer

I called my friend today and asked him about the planers. He hasn't taken any pictures of either one yet. the larger one in the semi is covered with misc items so hard to get good picture of it. the smaller one outside he said he would take pictures after the snow melts---it is still snowing there today. I also asked him to give me some prices on them to pass on to you. Lester is a retired machinist 90 yrs old and is remodeling his house now so he is busy.
I will let you know as soon as we get pictures and he decides what he would sell them for. I will take my camera next trip to his place to get some pics. Dave

I called my friend today and asked him about the planers. He hasn't taken any pictures of either one yet. the larger one in the semi is covered with misc items so hard to get good picture of it. the smaller one outside he said he would take pictures after the snow melts---it is still snowing there today. I also asked him to give me some prices on them to pass on to you. Lester is a retired machinist 90 yrs old and is remodeling his house now so he is busy.
I will let you know as soon as we get pictures and he decides what he would sell them for. I will take my camera next trip to his place to get some pics. Dave
do you have any pictures now?

sorry--not yet, I keep asking him to figure out what he would sell them for, but he has never been one to want to sell what he has collected, and has not given me a price or taken pictures. I am taking my camera with me this week when I drop by his place and will see if I can get some pictures. then I will prod him again to come up with a price. Our weather is staying zero and below this week and we have about 4 inches of snow yet on the ground. he was a machinist all his life but never had a working shop at home. he does have mills and lathes and machinist tools, and the planers stored though. Lester is over 90 and is my best friend, and I am trying to convince him to sell the things he will never use but someone else will.
Dave

well, I finally got some pictures of the smaller planer to send. I will try to get better pictures after the snow melts and we get it out in the open. maybe then we can find the brand name and get some overall measurments. hope these pictures will get your imaginations going and cheer up your winter blues.
Dave

Attachments

• DSCF0030.JPG
    DSCF0030.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0029.JPG
    DSCF0029.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0028.JPG
    DSCF0028.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0027.JPG
    DSCF0027.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
  • DSCF0026.JPG
    DSCF0026.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0024.JPG
    DSCF0024.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0022.JPG
    DSCF0022.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 34
  • DSCF0039.JPG
    DSCF0039.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0038.JPG
    DSCF0038.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0037.JPG
    DSCF0037.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • DSCF0034.JPG
    DSCF0034.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • DSCF0033.JPG
    DSCF0033.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0031.JPG
    DSCF0031.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 54
That is a project and a half but would be absolutely a labor of love restoring it. Wow!

Yes, I can only imagine how many members are scheming how to convince there better halves to cough up the cha-ching to drive to the North country and buy that from Lester!

I hope you can convince him to not let that old iron go back to where it came from!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave,
Do you think he might be ready to part with her?
This is the size for which I've been hoping, as I just don't have space for anything larger.
I'm likely very interested....

Daryl
MN

Back