Wanted small Planer

N2XD

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I'm looking for a small size metal planner. I do not have a lot of room at this point. Too much other stuff. I have seen smaller ones on youtube and always wanted one. I'm willing to travel to secure one. I know this is a long shot but any help would be helpful. Thanks.

John

Hi John
They are out there. Just have to be patient. I looked at one at an auction in Buffalo a few years ago. Looked smaller in the pictures Lol. It was 50 ' long.
Cheers
Martin

I would like to stumble across one also. I hope they haven't all been scrapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for a small size metal planner. I do not have a lot of room at this point. Too much other stuff. I have seen smaller ones on youtube and always wanted one. I'm willing to travel to secure one. I know this is a long shot but any help would be helpful. Thanks.

John
John what size approx are you calling a small size metal planer? and any brand names--a friend of mine has one stored inside of a semi van--Dave

Too big, but I thought I'd seen one this past week.

^^
If that was closer I would go look at it.

Really nothing larger than a 4 foot long table. Any brand name would be of consideration. Thanks.

Really nothing larger than a 4 foot long table. Any brand name would be of consideration. Thanks.
John, I found out my friend has two planers---one has about a 9 foot table and he has a smaller one that has a 15 inch wide by 45 inch long table--he lives in Chattfield Mn.----let me know if either of them are close to what size you are thinking of. the smaller one would fit in a 3 foot by 6 foot box 5 foot tall(in the bed of a pickup) I think everything is still on the machine but has been outside for years, table and clapper look good. if interested he can take some pictures that I can show---there is a raised 5 in the casting and a small brass tag that shows Chas. Molitor Mach Co. Chicago Illinois---the larger planer is inside and is in good shape----Dave

Dave, The smaller one would be of interest. If you could get some pictures that would be great. Thanks for your efforts. John

Some pics of the larger planer would be great too.

Back