WTB Wanted - lonely 6" rotary table looking for a new home

Walter makes a great RT also if you ever run across one . I sold my 12" vertical/horizontal way back when . I couldn't lift it these days .
Moore also.

Brings up a funny memory. When I took the machining courses at the local college with my lil brother, next step was to mill the radius to make the clamp for the V-block project. Tool room guy told me to go grab the RT & set it up. "Sure, no problemo!", enthusiastic & ignorant me went to go try & pick up the 12" Moore by myself. Nope, that didn't happen! :D

IMG_20101106_122402.jpg
IMG_20101106_113200.jpg

Sorry for steering OT @mattthemuppet2! Man I keep forgetting about how everything has gone, was looking at prices & they were shocking! :)

Maybe try emailing QMT/PM? I don't see RTs on their website but my 8" Vertex came from Matt QMT/PM & this was before their current revamped PM website. Maybe they still carry Vertex & have a 6" available, since they're a sponsor here maybe they can give you a good price if you mention you're a member here?

Moore also.

Brings up a funny memory. When I took the machining courses at the local college with my lil brother, next step was to mill the radius to make the clamp for the V-block project. Tool room guy told me to go grab the RT & set it up. "Sure, no problemo!", enthusiastic & ignorant me went to go try & pick up the 12" Moore by myself. Nope, that didn't happen! :D

View attachment 414696
View attachment 414694
That's either a really small mill or a really large rotary table!
Sorry for steering OT @mattthemuppet2! Man I keep forgetting about how everything has gone, was looking at prices & they were shocking! :)

Maybe try emailing QMT/PM? I don't see RTs on their website but my 8" Vertex came from Matt QMT/PM & this was before their current revamped PM website. Maybe they still carry Vertex & have a 6" available, since they're a sponsor here maybe they can give you a good price if you mention you're a member here?

No worries at all, all good stuff to hear. Prices certainly have gone up allot, no doubt about that. I'll see what PM have but the current new prices are looking like a bit too much of a stretch for something that I'd like but don't necessarily need.

I hear the size thing loud and clear, but the head room difference between a 6" and an 8" (particularly on my mill) is just too big.

I'll keep my ears and eyes open. Thanks for all the tips everyone!

That's either a really small mill or a really large rotary table!

No worries at all, all good stuff to hear. Prices certainly have gone up allot, no doubt about that. I'll see what PM have but the current new prices are looking like a bit too much of a stretch for something that I'd like but don't necessarily need.

I hear the size thing loud and clear, but the head room difference between a 6" and an 8" (particularly on my mill) is just too big.

I'll keep my ears and eyes open. Thanks for all the tips everyone!
I have a small mill, a PM25. An 8" RT would be far too big. But a 6" RT doesn't have much room to clamp stuff. One of the reasons I made an 8" fixture plate. Even with the fixture plate it can be used vertical.

My Clausing is 6x24", so basically the same size as your mill. I think you are correct to be looking at a 6" RT, 8" might fit on the table but agree it wouldn't leave you much working room.

Homge is another Taiwanese brand, not as well known as Vertex but seems to be good quality. I picked up a Homge 6" vertical / horizontal RT a couple years ago, barely used and didn't pay much more than what the cheap Ebay 6" RTs were selling for ($200-ish with shipping as I recall).

Back