WTB Wanted - lonely 6" rotary table looking for a new home

mattthemuppet2

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi all,

been looking for a while, but figured I'd shake the tree and see what falls out
smile.gif
Looking for a 6" rotary table, Yuasa, Vertex or the like. Not really interested in a Chinese or Indian one though. Horizontal+vertical would be nice, but not a deal breaker if not. Have cold hard cash or warm hard and heavy cutting tools to trade!

thanks
matt

How much are you looking to spend?
I have a 6", can't remember the brand but I think Indian made. I went through and scraped and or ground surfaces flat and rebushed and bored back with tight tolerances. This was thrown in with the first mill I bought years ago, I doubt it was used much, I've used is maybe 4 times in 6 years. I have no idea what they're worth.

thanks for the info! I don't doubt your abilities, but I'd rather stick with a Taiwanese or better one if possible :)

You could try adding Rutland to your searches, they were made by Vertex. They used to pop up on ebay quite often and I got a brand new one for pretty cheap. Not sure about these days since Rutland is long gone (bought out by MSC). I ended up selling it though when I realized it was too small for my mill/drill & got an 8" Vertex.

Img_9367.jpgImg_9364.jpg

thanks, that's a great tip and the one pictured is the exact version I'm after :cry:

Going to say, a 6" table isn't very big. I made an 8" fixture plate for my 6" Vertex. Just used it for the first time and wished it were larger... However, an 8" weighs quite a bit more than the 6".
Eisen still has a 4 slot Vertex HV6 for sale. That is where I bought mine. Eisen eBay HV6, 4 slot
edit: Shipping is quite high. $84.84. Price for the RT, $375.

I bought mine direct from Eisen Machinery in February 2022. At that time, the HV-6 RT was $265, and shipping was $65.02. You might check their website and see if they can beat the eBay price.

Last edited:
Good tip on the website, I'll check it out. I think 8" will simply be too large for my 6x26 mill. I have only 12" of Z and even with a 4" riser (when I get round to it) an 8" RT isn't going to leave me much head room, especially with a chuck on it. I had an 8" super spacer from an auction - not the same, but still it was a bear to move around, about 100lb with chuck installed. I put it on my mill table for fun and had enough space to mill 1/8" thick plate using a 1/16" endmill :)

Walter makes a great RT also if you ever run across one . I sold my 12" vertical/horizontal way back when . I couldn't lift it these days .

I think 8" will simply be too large for my 6x26 mill. I have only 12" of Z and even with a 4" riser (when I get round to it) an 8" RT isn't going to leave me much head room, especially with a chuck on it. I had an 8" super spacer from an auction - not the same, but still it was a bear to move around, about 100lb with chuck installed.
The problem I had was my table is 9" wide, I could not mount the 6" RT on the middle t-slot, the handwheel hit the edge of the table. I could only mount it on the outer t-slot. I have a RF-45 style mill, no adjustable ram like on a BP, so couldn't really use it. It also would line of with my t-slots in the vertical position, I'd have to use a toe clamp. You should be fine with a 6" wide table. I thought an 8" RT should be plenty of room but even an 8" you run out of room really easy especially when using toe clamps. But if Z height is an issue then yeah whatever you can do to save space for that. I agree, fixture plate is the way to go.

The 8" RT isn't really that heavy, I can still move it around fine, I've got a bad back too. But I do move mine without the chuck installed. I have a 6.5" super spacer, IIRC it's like 85lbs, that I don't enjoy moving around anymore.

Img_0849.jpg

Back