Wanted: 4" milling machine vise

Not cheap chinese, and not $300+ either. Rotating base not needed. Quality & accuracy wanted, cosmetics not so much.

-Marty-

Kurt has a scratch & dent section. I bought a scratch & dent, & I saved a lot of money.

Limited supply, so be ready to act quickly!

A “non scratch & dent” Kurt 4” is $728:

Scratch & dent 4” for $582.40 which I see is over your budget:

Last edited:
+ 1 on the Kurt Scratch & Dent option, I bought my 6 that way, saved close to $200 and there was only one tiny blemish on it.
As recall, Kurt tends to items to the S&D page at the beginning of the week but it's sort of sporadic.

As far as the OP's desire for high quality at low price, the only way is find a good used vise. Here's an eBayer that has Kurts 7 available:

I'd offer $300 and see what happens?

You say you don't want a cheap Chinese one but I will say the Vevor I bought seems t be pretty good for the price. My only gripe was that it dodn't come with a way to hold it to the bed.

But with a milling machine, custom hold downs are a breeze. Plus you can use that vise on its side!

Too bad they don’t offer it without the mostly unnecessary, swivel base.

You say you don't want a cheap Chinese one but I will say the Vevor I bought seems t be pretty good for the price. My only gripe was that it dodn't come with a way to hold it to the bed.

I can vouch for this.

I just received the 3" Kurt clone and am very happy with it. Happy enough that I also bought the 4" above.

Wasn't sure if the 4" would be too big for the little Franken mill Im building, and the 3" was cheap enough that if it didn't work or I hated it it would be no big loss.

Turns out it does work and I don't hate it.

Back