Wall mounted rotary table platform

melsdad

Active User
Registered
Some of you may remember. A while back I got a 16" troyke rotary table and this thing is 200+pounds. Since I got it I have been thinking of a storage solution that would allow me to move this from the machine and back myself.

We recently scrapped a machine at work that had a swiveling arm that the control was mounted to. My wheels began to turn!

Here is the table and the method I use now:
zy3e7ahu.jpg

This is the arm I am going to mount to the wall. Lucky for me this was grossly over built for a machine control:
qugyqady.jpg
etu4ypez.jpg

Mounting plate that will be attached to the wall:
e4azaze9.jpg
4ahajaqy.jpg

Last edited:
I made this tap collet so I could power tap the eight 5/8-11 threaded holes. It fits a 3/4" collet:

ahagyva6.jpg
ha5ezuza.jpg

Nice installation of the arm, Brian, but how do you move the RT between the swing arm and the mill table? I assume the swing arm will swing right up to the table? The only drawback I can see is that I wouldn't want to be near that thing if it ever gets knocked off of there, it'll make a crater in the floor!

Is it attached to the mount in any way? I hope it doesn't fall! If it does it's a goner for sure knowing cast iron.

There is a clamp that holds it to the arm. Were it is located it should never get knocked off.

Back