Wall mounted rotary table platform

melsdad

Active User
Registered
Some of you may remember. A while back I got a 16" troyke rotary table and this thing is 200+pounds. Since I got it I have been thinking of a storage solution that would allow me to move this from the machine and back myself.

We recently scrapped a machine at work that had a swiveling arm that the control was mounted to. My wheels began to turn!

Here is the table and the method I use now:
zy3e7ahu.jpg

This is the arm I am going to mount to the wall. Lucky for me this was grossly over built for a machine control:
qugyqady.jpg
etu4ypez.jpg

Mounting plate that will be attached to the wall:
e4azaze9.jpg
4ahajaqy.jpg

Last edited:
I made this tap collet so I could power tap the eight 5/8-11 threaded holes. It fits a 3/4" collet:

ahagyva6.jpg
ha5ezuza.jpg

That must have been a heavy control ahahaha. Those are some good parts to start with

Parts are sand blasted, painted an ready to install.
hu3u8e9e.jpg

Nice installation of the arm, Brian, but how do you move the RT between the swing arm and the mill table? I assume the swing arm will swing right up to the table? The only drawback I can see is that I wouldn't want to be near that thing if it ever gets knocked off of there, it'll make a crater in the floor!

Is it attached to the mount in any way? I hope it doesn't fall! If it does it's a goner for sure knowing cast iron.

There is a clamp that holds it to the arm. Were it is located it should never get knocked off.

Back