Walker Turner -- Keep or Dispose?

you're in luck on the Walker Turner switch front, there's one attached to the motor I'm selling you :)
Sorry Matt, thought you picked up on my actually fixing mine! Anywho, the switch I'm looking for mounts to the head, not the motor. Have a great day and thanks for the offer!

Just thought I'd let yall know I just ordered a screw type table lift for the DP. I have no idea how its gonna go on, and hopefully it won't interfere with the foot feed. If it does, I think I'll opt for the foot feed and sell the lift.
Any thoughts/ideas?

no worries, the perils of humour on the internet :)

well, that turned into a bit of a palaver. Took the motor off the shelf, weighed it and then turned it on to check to see if it was still good. It wasn't - it made a nasty bearing noise and wouldn't turn off at the switch.

So, took it to pieces, found that the bottom (non pulley) bearing had a busted cage. Found a good replacement that fit the OD and ID (6202Z), but was 50 odd thou to thin, so made a spacer to take up the slack and pushed the new bearing in. Cleaned the centrifugal switch contacts, cleaned and oiled the kickout thingy, whatever that's called. Cleaned it out the end bells, blew out some probably decades old dust, put it back together (which took a little head scratching) and it runs beautifully.

Some pics
View attachment 342479
View attachment 342480
View attachment 342481

and a movie if I can figure out how to do that. Hmm, it'll have to be a Youtube vid:

I'd like $75 for it plus shipping. That might be a killer though, it's pretty heavy (32lb + packaging). Boxed dimensions will be around 12 1/2 x 9 x 9", maybe a bit more. Zipcode is 78254. UPS does large flat rate boxes for a decent price, so that might be worth checking out if you're interested?

Oh, and I even that the original square head nuts :)
Matt, I received the "new" motor from you and am super happy to have it. The matching name plate and correct W-T switch will make my late thirties 13" driver line 700 drill press even more special! I really appreciate the way you do business, it is much fun to trade with people who have similar afflictions interests. Thank you!

Still lookin' for the WT switch.....trying all kinds of classified, but no luck!

Matt, I received the "new" motor from you and am super happy to have it. The matching name plate and correct W-T switch will make my late thirties 13" driver line 700 drill press even more special! I really appreciate the way you do business, it is much fun to trade with people who have similar afflictions interests. Thank you!

awesome! I'm glad it arrived ok and that you're happy with it. I was a bit worried when the UPS email said it weighed 10lb, but I couldn't figure out how they could lose 2/3 of the motor :) I can totally understand having everything look correct and they have a classy period look. I'm glad to have a bit of space back in my garage and some funds toward a DRO for my lathe :D

awesome! I'm glad it arrived ok and that you're happy with it. I was a bit worried when the UPS email said it weighed 10lb, but I couldn't figure out how they could lose 2/3 of the motor :) I can totally understand having everything look correct and they have a classy period look. I'm glad to have a bit of space back in my garage and some funds toward a DRO for my lathe :D
This rounds out my project. If I could just get my spindle back now... I'm excited to have it running and have a constant stream of work for it.

Last edited:
Back