W Pb Mo Bi Cu Fe Sn Zn Ti Al C Mg

Yeah, I have seen them. Isn’t it amazing their ability to deliver what you want? But also, I have seen some of their (and similar company) prices. Like 10 or 100 times what can afford. I have been scrounging these interesting elements for about 10 years now. With patience I seem to stumble on stuff I can make work. So, with more patience than money, my collection, and experience, grows, albeit slowly. Savoring each new element is actually quite a joy—if I just clicked and 10 new ones just showed up, all machined to size, finished, and maybe even labeled, well, it wouldn’t be the same. If anyone on this list gets a bead on some cast-offs of something I can machine down to size, please let me know. I’ll pay, but can’t do full commercial retail. -Bill

Yeah, I have seen them. Isn’t it amazing their ability to deliver what you want? But also, I have seen some of their (and similar company) prices. Like 10 or 100 times what can afford. I have been scrounging these interesting elements for about 10 years now. With patience I seem to stumble on stuff I can make work. So, with more patience than money, my collection, and experience, grows, albeit slowly. Savoring each new element is actually quite a joy—if I just clicked and 10 new ones just showed up, all machined to size, finished, and maybe even labeled, well, it wouldn’t be the same. If anyone on this list gets a bead on some cast-offs of something I can machine down to size, please let me know. I’ll pay, but can’t do full commercial retail. -Bill
Hmmm... polycrystalline silicon castoffs should be easy to get a hold of, but you’d be in the same boat as with the nickel based on your size requirement and typical scrap chunk size

I really like what you have done here. I did something similar by making discs out of various metals to act as drink coasters. It was a lot of fun asking guests to guess what metal they had. They were generally fascinated. OK, inebriated too!
For some of these more exotic metals maybe you should consider another smaller shape and mass? It could still be uniform, just not the large blocks you have now.
Robert

Back