Vintage Schaefer air blow gun valve assembly

Is this the right kit for this one? It seems as if they have two vintage styles and some more modern ones, I can't find a model no. For this stylr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the part no. This is for a lever type, I have the button style

I will take one apart tommorrow and post the pics with dimensions.

I think the older ones are in the basement. I can't get down there yet as I am still having pain from kidney stent change. But I found a patent with a photo that might help you out. Also a pdf of the patent. I added notes in picture to parts you seem to be missing.

shrader parts.jpg

Attachments

• Air Gun US1957567A.pdf
    144.7 KB · Views: 7
I think the older ones are in the basement. I can't get down there yet as I am still having pain from kidney stent change. But I found a patent with a photo that might help you out. Also a pdf of the patent. I added notes in picture to parts you seem to be missing.

Thank you Bill. That
Ames sense, I think I can turn that part and find a suitable washer, when you are up to it, it would be good to confirm sizes. I will post pictures as I go along

This Old Tony on YouTube made an airgun from scratch. Maybe you can get some ideas on how to get your "antique" up an usable.

Mike

This Old Tony on YouTube made an airgun from scratch. Maybe you can get some ideas on how to get your "antique" up an usable.

Mike

That was a great build by this old Tony, he has some cool videos. I did watch that one, it uses a shuttle valve, the bore in my gun I think as Bill found in his diagram is a diaphragm valve, I don't think it can be modified to take a shuttle valve. It is a solid piece in comparison to a harbor freight gun I have, the button is kind of cool and different.

Never under any circumstances use an air blast near a machine tool, this is strictly forbidden.
Depends on where you work, what is forbidden; in a big shop doing heavy work it is nearly necessary and can be done with care to avoid blowing chips into places that they do damage; such was the shop where I served my apprenticeship about 50 years ago.

Back