Very Tragic News

They will be in ours prays, It is prolly a good thing that guy killed his self. I feel so sorry for those Moms and Dads that lost a child.

Paul

There are no words for this.
g
just tears.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeremiah 17:9, "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked; who can understand it". The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart. Until the heart changes, nothing else will either.
Al

As long as we're considering scripture, I find this some comfort for the generally lamentable condition of the evils of this world.

Psalm 37:10
[SUP]10 [/SUP]In just a little while, the wicked will be no more;
though you look carefully at his place, he will not be there.

By this we know that an appointed time, there will be something done about the kind of people that do things like this. We don't know when, exactly,
and neither did Jesus' disciples at the time he was present on earth, but he gave ample description of the signs to look for when that time approached.
The description can be found in the 24th chapter of Mathew.

Also fittingly describing our current world is 1 Timothy 3:1-5:

3 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. [SUP]2 [/SUP]For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, [SUP]3 [/SUP]heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, [SUP]4 [/SUP]treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, [SUP]5 [/SUP]having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

But although we cannot do anything to repair the damage of inherited sin, and Satanic influence, it does not go unnoticed by those who can, and have promised to.

Yes, this tragedy is very close to home for me too. I worked and still work in that town and around there often. I have friends that live in Newtown. I've driven by that school many times. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this coming over the radio in my car on Friday.

My Prayers go out to all the families that have lost someone in this senseless tragedy.

This event will have repurcussions for those kids that escaped the carnage but were witness to it. They're innocense has been stolen from them and some may never recover, they've been forced to "grow up" in an instant. They will never look at the world the same...How could they?

May God be with the survivors, that they can find new hope and strength to get through this and come out the other side stronger.:halo:

May Almighty God bless everyone who was involved in the Connecticut tragedy.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace now and forever.

May all of you on this site be blessed for your prayers on behalf of the victims.

We pray for healing, we pray for closure, we pray for acceptance, and we pray for those who are still with us, that they may somehow recover.

God bless them, God grant them the ability to continue living and surviving in the face of this great pain and suffering.

Amen.

Yes, this tragedy is very close to home for me too. I worked and still work in that town and around there often. I have friends that live in Newtown. I've driven by that school many times. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this coming over the radio in my car on Friday.

My Prayers go out to all the families that have lost someone in this senseless tragedy.

This event will have repurcussions for those kids that escaped the carnage but were witness to it. They're innocense has been stolen from them and some may never recover, they've been forced to "grow up" in an instant. They will never look at the world the same...How could they?

May God be with the survivors, that they can find new hope and strength to get through this and come out the other side stronger.:halo:

It's amazing what a small world it is...

My wife has a cousin that lives in Connecticut. Turns out her grandchildren live in that town and go to that school.
Thank God, they weren't killed, but her granddaughter's best friend was. She is grief stricken.

One of the things we always think about is why God lets bad things like this happen to good people.
I've thought this myself many times, including recently when my son was diagnosed with Cancer.
I asked our Priest, and she said that God works in mysterious ways, and has a plan for all of us. We may not understand it at the time.

One of the problems Nelson is that we have allowed our society to take God out of the schools, out of the public, out of the family. We have a president that does not talk about God, a gooberment that is against God and a major part of our population that has walked away from God. This apparent push to change our Country and our society. When you have school systems and teachers that reject the founding faith and try to circumvent the Constitution. When you hear about a school where teachers are telling our children the muslim God is the only God. There is something wrong.. when you hear about a school that enforce upon our children to learn our history not as it really is. When we have a part of our society that will not focus as they should, instead they have taken to using a situation to push their agenda. When I heard about this, you have no idea how upset I was, how mad I had gotten the more I heard.

We now have in our country that want to take your liberty, your money and your rights for the sake of what they feel will bring a polite society.. are you willing to give all of that up? Not me.

Back