Very Tragic News

There are no technological answers for spiritual problems. Cameras in the schools and streets won't solve the basic problem. I raised this issue at a division wide PTA meeting. I asked if anyone thought it ironic that at the same time they are removing prayer and religious instruction from the schools they were also putting up video surveillence? Do they really think this is a viable alternative?

Individual morality is the answer. It has to be based on a sufficient foundation. Just pretending to believe something isn't adequate. Our "leaders" talk about doing whatever it takes to prevent this from happening again. They really mean doing whatever is easiest to give the impression we are doing something. This is an individual problem. We have 100 years of inertia in philosophy, art and culture to overcome. What we believe controls what we value and what we value determines how we will act. No law is going to change any of this. As C.S. Lewis said, "they castrate the horse and then bid the gelding be fruitful". I, for one, will not be holding my breath to see what they achieve.
Al

Here is the quote from C.S. Lewis in context:

And all the time—such is the tragi-comedy of our [educational] situation—we continue to clamour for those very qualities we are rendering impossible. You can hardly open a periodical without coming across the statement that our civilization needs more ‘drive’, or dynamism, or self-sacrifice, or ‘creativity’. In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests [hearts] and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.
— C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Ma

Sunday morning ,the Elders of the church that I am a member of decided that we would meet back at 4:00 o'clock instead of our regular 6:00 o'clock evening service. For two hours the men of the congregation lifted up prayers to our God almighty. I was very proud to be a part of this prayer service but at the same time I ask myself why it takes such a tragedy like this to bring our nation to its knees. My hope is, that each person reading this will pray daily for the Mommy's & daddy's of these little angels, for the grandparents, for the aunts & uncles, for the brothers & sisters. We also need to remember the first responders that will forever have these terrible images embedded in their minds.
Im very confident that these little children were free of any wrong in their life & that each one of them are with our Lord & savior Jesus Christ. It's you & I that need to worry. It's the troubled youth of our nation that need to worry.Its the politicians that pass laws based on selfish & evil desires that need to worry.
It is up to each God fearing man & women to do our part in standing up to the evil forces in our nation. This will not happen with out the help of God almighty!
My prayer is that each one of us can be the hands & feet of Jesus, & that each of us can have a positive influence on the strangers around us. You never know, the kindness & respect that you give to the " long haired hippie freak with sagging pants & purple hair" may just be enough to keep him from going and doing some crazy act that will bring our country to its knees again.
Phil

WHERE ARE WE?
It was 11 days before Christmas around 09:38, when 20 beautiful children stormed through Heaven's gate.
Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air. They could hardly believe all the beauty that they saw there.
They were filled with such joy, they did not know what to say. They did not remember a thing of what happened earlier that day.
"Where are we?" Asked a little girl in a very low voice. This is Heaven declared a small boy. This is God's house.
When, what to their wondering eyes did appear. but Jesus their savoir. The children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same. Then He opened his arms and called them by name.
And in that moment was joy that only Heaven can bring. Those children all flew into the arms of Our Savior and King.
And as they lingered in the warmth of his embrace, one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
He could read all the questions that she had. He gently whispered to her, "don’t worry, I'll take care of Mom and Dad."
Then He looked down on earth, the world far below. He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe.
Then He closed his eyes and out stretched his hand. "Let my power and presence re-enter this land!
May this country be delivered from the hands of Fools. I'm taking back my nation! I'm taking back my schools!"
Then He and the children stood up without a sound. Come now my children, let me show you around.
Excitement filled the space, some skipped, some ran, all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can, and I heard Him proclaim, as he walked out of sight. "In the middle of all this darkness, I am the only light."

A great observation, Ray.
When my Dad died we put Psalm 16:11 on his headstone. I think it resonates with what you wrote:

Sorry.
"In God's presence there is fullness of joy;
at His right hand there are pleasures forever".

At a time like this people may ask, "Where was God?" The answer is, from the moment of our Creation, He has always been here for us. When we were created in His image, we were given the incredible gift of self-determination. We are here on Earth with the ability to decide whether we choose the path of rightousness or that of evil. When we who have chosen the former encounter those who have chosen the latter, there may be the tempation to question the hand of God in these matters. We must rest assured that the innocent who perish at the hand of those who are evil will forever be in Heaven. Further, we who remain must, fight evil to our last breath and speak of His Glory as long as we are able.

Back