Valve Grinding Machine ...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Came with 3 hand held drive motors for seat grinding, 30 or so stones mostly new, several different diamond dressers and tons of pilots and other hardware. God, I love tools.:) Mike

Last edited:
Very nice. I've always wondered if automotive machine tools have any place in the home shop. Might a valve grinder be used for making things such as dovetail cutters and other form milling tools?

Can it radius grind the valve seats as well?

Andre, if you mean does it have the ability to grind multiple angles on the valve seat, then yes if I remember correctly it's accomplished by using different stones on each seat in the correct order. I already have a complete set of Neway carbide valve seat cutters in various angles that I use for cylinder head work. I may try to incorporate some of the hardware from the b&d setup to use in conjunction with the Neway cutters to use on the Bridgeport. As to using the valve grinder for machine tool sharpening, I have been wondering the same thing and to that end I purchased a different Quick-way valve grinding machine that I will attempt to modify for that purpose. Will be a while before I get to that, but when I do I will post the results. Thanks, Mike

Pic of one of the carbide style cutters.

NCU-250506593_T.jpg

NCU-250506593_T.jpg

NCU-250506593_T.jpg

NCU-250506593_T.jpg

NCU-250506593_T.jpg

NCU-250506593_T.jpg

What is bad, is I use to use a set similar to that many years ago when I did fulltime engine work. Nice find as you may be able to use various parts to do other things.

Everybody else finds the neatest stuff. Even the cabinet is cool.

Nice find. I picked up a well equipped Sioux valve grinding set about 20 years ago.

Nice score.:congrats: I have used that model and have done multi angle valve job's with it. Telling my age now.:laughing: Actually my brother-in-law still has it and uses it from time to time.

Nice:, how much is one of those in that part of the country ?,
Thanks

We do a fare share of valve work mainly valve in block V8 Fords. My 1930's Kwik Way
served well. Also the traveling Snap On truck is where we get 'seat stones'......

;

20150408_131500_resized_1.jpg

Back