Using my Doall ML

Just my best guess, but I think 20 or 30wt non-detergent would suffice. Try one or the other and see how it likes it. Mike

I don't think that thing is a pusher. At the local college there was a big DoAll vertical bandsaw. There were 2 pushers for us to use. One looked shop made, the other looked like this. Not sure if it came with the DoAll though.

work_jaw_handles1.jpg

EDIT: Just searched online. Looks like it was originally from the DoAll, they still sell it. That's a whole lotta money they asking for it! $350! https://www.doallsaws.com/5-013007-work-holding-jaw

The "pusher" is the underside blade guard, damn that's pricey.
Mike, ISO 68 like in the gearbox for the lathe?

That thing you have, could it be what DoAll calls the chip baffle? I can't find a picture of it online. But it does look like someone may have possibly used it as a pusher before? :D

ISO 68 is about equivalent to 20wt.

I'll have to look, hang on a bit....

This is one I could get a quick picture of, not sure if there is one on the motor.

I think that it goes UNDER the table
CORRECT. THAT HOLDS THROAT PLATE, knobs and sheet metal under table. Sheet metal deflects chips to fall through lower blade housing instead all over your pants, into chip tray below. I'd recommend fabricating a new throat plate, should be full length or a bit more to protrude front edge of table.
Object with handles is part of actual 'pusher'. Uses one of two options; a weighted or hydraulic power feed you can steer in profiling cuts. A #40 or so size chain engages the two sprocket teeth at each side. It works manually as well.
Also likely, your saw has an air pump to blow chips from top of workpiece, via flexible metal line and nozzle.

Unrealized by some, they put bandsawing on the map. Up to then, only sawmills used band equipment, merely to length and resawing,
For my money, no one has handier, better, or more tooling than DoAll, quite extensive. Some no longer available, none difficult to replicate.
For the rest of my money, verticals with a blade welder are unequaled capability in a small footprint, for comparative small investment, perfoming operations no other machine can do, unless modern expensive techniques like wire EDM.

Thank you, I have only used it a couple of times, and I'm trying to figure things out. Is there a clutch mechanism? I was cutting an aluminum bar, and the blade slowed down, the blade wasn't slipping on the wheels.

Back