Uprading my PM-25MV mill to PM-835S. Anyone have this mill?

That looks like a very nice mill. I don't think you can go too wrong there. The one shot lube would be a nice feature. I don't mind taking care of mine, but it would save some shop time for sure.

I just put together all I want on the PM-935TV and it's pushing well over 8k...

If I buy it, I hope this is it and I will not outgrow it in the future. Buy once, cry once is what I often see on this forum. The PM tech said the 940M lends itself well to being converted to CNC. I asked him if the PM-935TV does as well.

Last edited:
You've gathered a lot of information on this site so far, very little of which seems to have assisted you in your deliberations as to which machine to purchase. Best of luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

Of course it's helped! you gather information from as many sources as possible, and make your choice. It doesn't mean that any opinion he didn't follow didn't have value. :encourage:

While that 935TV is rather lovely, for that kind of spend you can get a good condition full size knee mill with ALOT of tooling, especially if you're willing to travel (Nevada might not be great for machine tools?). If you have the space, that would give you more room to grow skills and size wise, plus probably save you money in the long run if it's well tooled. Takes time to find them, but they do pop up now and then.

I'm not experienced with CNC but from what I've read here and elsewhere I'm under the impression conversion to CNC is one area where there is an advantage to a bench mill. The knee adds more complexity to a conversion. I would also think CNC would negate the advantages of the movable head on the 935 while keeping the liabilities David brings up.

Back