Upgrading LMS Mini-Lathe 4200 & Mini-Mill 3960?

How about an electronic lead screw for the lathe? You're in the US so you can buy Clough42's kit (Bloody Brexit :rolleyes:).

Check out Steve Jordan's YouTube videos for a bunch of upgrades he did to his 7x14 (especially his carriage upgrades). Don't be put off by his weird accent and his somewhat ghetto setup and methods; he was an aerospace engineer before he retired so he ought to know a thing or two.

Artisan Makes is another youtuber who's done a load of upgrades (and he's got a weird accent too) so you might get some ideas there.

We can get those clough42 kits delivered to the UK too? I bought one a year or so ago. Just have to buy from American eBay and pay delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not any more sadly. Try to buy one now and eBay will tell you its not available for your address. :cry:

I messaged James about it and he told me that due to Brexit, he finds it too hard to get it imported. He's working on trying to find a distributor in the UK to ease the hassle (and I offered the usual suspects as suggestions for possible partners: Warco, ArcEuroTrade, Amadeal, Chronos and RDG) but until then his ELS can't be got in the UK.

There's a German fella who offers a similar deal and in the spring/summer next year, I'll probably grab one of his. ;)

Not any more sadly. Try to buy one now and eBay will tell you its not available for your address. :cry:

I messaged James about it and he told me that due to Brexit, he finds it too hard to get it imported. He's working on trying to find a distributor in the UK to ease the hassle (and I offered the usual suspects as suggestions for possible partners: Warco, ArcEuroTrade, Amadeal, Chronos and RDG) but until then his ELS can't be got in the UK.

There's a German fella who offers a similar deal and in the spring/summer next year, I'll probably grab one of his. ;)

Oh that’s a bit crap. Shame I didn’t know you were looking for one as I sold my clough42 ELS and kit a couple of months ago as I got a new lathe with a gearbox.

Oh that’s a bit crap. Shame I didn’t know you were looking for one as I sold my clough42 ELS and kit a couple of months ago as I got a new lathe with a gearbox.

Ah, like I said, I'm not ready really to sort an ELS yet so no biggie. :)

Back