Unusual Work Holding Device

OK guys the rules say we don't talk about other forums no matter how bad they are.
Please stay on topic.
***G***

Don't take this as bad mouthing. It was the first site I signed up on. I was quickly told I was in the wrong place. There rules actually say you aren't welcome to talk about Asian machines on that site. Since I'm not welcome there it didn't bother me. They must not need the ad money from me. I just looked for a new site. I found this one & was very impressed.

That is a really nice looking clamp there. Welcome to the group.

OK guys the rules say we don't talk about other forums no matter how bad they are.
Please stay on topic.
***G***
Understood. I didn't mean to start a topic about another forum and won't mention it again. I did appreciate the support though. Thanks - Bear

I have a few of those vises. And yes, very handy when used on the drill press. One of them says “Float Lock” on it. Hope that helps in your search. I found mine over the years going to the flea markets…Good Luck, Dave.

vises.JPG

Yeah, it didn't take long to realize I was in the wrong place. I got dogpiled with a bunch of snarky comments. I won't be going back to that forum. In contrast, this forum is friendly, witty and informative so I'll stick with you guys.

I agree...This is the main reason I do not post very much on any forum. Here on Home Hobby Machinist is a great pleasure to post. I recently made a mistake of posting a welding comment on PM, and quickly got a snide challenge to it, even though I had gleaned the information from a top Welding Engineer from Lincoln Electric [who visits the welding tech college I teach welding at] concerning MIG welding voltage settings.

OK guys, grumpygater has spoken, no more remarks not related to the thread!!!!

Has anyone used the "Visegrip" looking clamp on their drill press or mill table? I'm wondering if it would be just as versatile as the clamp mention above or not as good. I'm the world's worse at not clamping down parts to drill one or two holes. And yeah, I have war injuries from the results of not doing so, too!

I'm going to put it bluntly since you will not listen to Gator. To disparage PM is in violation of Rule #6. Please refrain from this or other action will be used to stop if. This is a friendly forum to all, not just those that are members.

"Billy G" --- Board of Directors member.

OK guys, grumpygater has spoken, no more remarks not related to the thread!!!!

Has anyone used the "Visegrip" looking clamp on their drill press or mill table? I'm wondering if it would be just as versatile as the clamp mention above or not as good. I'm the world's worse at not clamping down parts to drill one or two holes. And yeah, I have war injuries from the results of not doing so, too!

I have the vise grip clamp on my drill press and it works OK for flat stock with lots of space to hold on to. Irregular shapes or sloped surfaces are difficult to hold. I break out my standard drill press vice for those items.

I was also thinking of taking two of these and mounting to a piece of flat bar about 12" long. This way I could throw it up in the mill vise, clamp what it is I need to clamp to drill quick holes with.

Knat Twist Hold Down Clamp.JPG

Back