Unknown Carriage

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Does anyone recognize at least the make of this small carriage assembly? The bed that it fits on has twin inverted V's.

Robert D.

Unkn Carriage.JPG

Unknown Carriage 2

Does anyone recognize at least the make of this small carriage assembly? The bed that it fits on has twin inverted V's.

Robert D.

Unkn Carriage.JPG

The hand cranks look like craftsman/atlas. I may be wrong though.

Yes, except that the Atlas cranks never had a fluted hub and all of the Atlas lathes are flat bed. I thought at first it might have been from the Atlas Unit Plan or Sears Universal Lathe days in the mid 1930's, until I noticed it was for a double V-bed.

Turned out to be off of an AA built Sears 109.21270 from 1949-51.

Robert D.

Last edited:
Thanks. I didn't know that Google had facial recognition software. :whistle: All that I had to go on was the photograph and no personal knowledge of the AA machines. So no suspicion as to where to start. I've not had much luck with Google the past few years. Seems all I ever turn up is places to buy the current version of something, usually totally unrelated to what I was looking for.

For the record and to close this out, it's off of a Sears 109.21270 light duty 6" made by AA in the late 1940's and early 1950's.

I'll move this over to the Atlas/Craftsman/AA forum as the AA does get mentioned there once in a while. *** Guess I won't, after all.

Robert D.

Last edited:
Google images

"crossfeed lathe"

- - - Updated - - -

Like many machines...branding

That's a weird looking thing! There's no graduations on the dials, and the lead screws are exposed. :dunno:

Never heard of "Google images". How do you get into it?

What do you mean by "branding"?

Robert D.

Back