Type B Vs. Type Km Er Nuts?

Hi
do not know, but the Pro Series looks good, top class.
  • Balanced to 18,000 RPM
  • Tolerance is .0003" Maximum
  • Material is 42 CrMo and the hardness is HRC 50-52
  • Thread Tolerance Class is 4H-Class

It looks like the letters designate how the nut is designed to tighten it.
A and B look to be like a Hex nut. UM and KM use a spanner to tighted.

desc_321362946_00.jpg

desc_321362946_00.jpg

desc_321362946_00.jpg

desc_321362946_00.jpg

desc_321362946_00.jpg

desc_321362946_00.jpg

Hi
do not know, but the Pro Series looks good, top class.
  • Balanced to 18,000 RPM
  • Tolerance is .0003" Maximum
  • Material is 42 CrMo and the hardness is HRC 50-52
  • Thread Tolerance Class is 4H-Class
I thought so to, and that's what I originally ordered, but when I received mine the offset flange which extracts the collet was machined without the offset. It surprised me that their "Pro" offering would have such a glaring defect. I'm returning it, but am trying to figure out whether or not to buy the same one again, or a different one.

All of my UM nuts have the offset. The offset for extracting the collet is the reason I bought the nuts instead of making them.
I just got 3 more in the mail last night and all look exactly like the first one. ER40-UM Type

So far as I know, the offset is part of the ER standard, and all nuts should have it.

I thought so to, and that's what I originally ordered, but when I received mine the offset flange which extracts the collet was machined without the offset. It surprised me that their "Pro" offering would have such a glaring defect. I'm returning it, but am trying to figure out whether or not to buy the same one again, or a different one.

To help others in the future, I suggest you post a review on Amazon saying the above and giving 1 star.

Back