Two hours wasted.

I'm glad I built a new shop before hitting 60. It is slowly getting harder to remember where I put stuff. Hopefully the future reorganizing will be less drastic. Talk about first world problems ;)
Heck, I do that with my glasses and half the time they're sitting on top of my head...

Last edited:
And my SO doesn’t understand why I like to clean up the shop area before starting a new project.
mine either, she wonders why I clean up at all. Just keep making she says. I get so cluttered while I am working I run out of workspace. So I try to keep it clean by putting stuff away so I can work. My biggest problem is the stuff that has no space, it winds up here and there. Much of it I should throw out, but you know what happens when you throw it out, you then need it, and spend hours looking for it. :rolleyes:

Good to hear that the shop gremlins are alive and well at other shops, not just mine. I start off trying to put stuff away as I go, but once I get a train of thought going (my train is really short) I start dropping stuff and going to the next step. I have compounded the problem by having a shop and a home shop. I'll spend hours looking for a tool that I need only to discover that I left it in another building.
At the home shop, my wife will come out to see me, notice that I am tearing the place apart looking for something and laugh.

Heck, I do that with my glasses and half the time they're sitting on top of my head...
Did that back when I first started using readers: was a little embarrassed when I asked my assistant if she had seen them.

I think it was Mikey who said you should never move anything, and man was he right. Now when I store something new I use the first place that comes to mind and try to never move it. I have been flirting with disaster moving the Checkel and all my stuff related to it into a new rollaway. What Woodchucker went through is just so common and frustrating I try to avoid it as much as possible. In my case if my wires get crossed about what it looks like I’m in deep yogurt. I think that was part of the problem with the deburring tool as one is black and one is red and Mr.Magoo was not registering the color I guess.

I suffer from what it known as optical occlusion.

The thing I'm looking for is right there in front of me, but I cant see it. I'm looking for the mental image I have of the object, and when the actual object comes into view and is not in my perceived "Correct" orientation or is partially obscured amongst the rest of my goodies it might as well just not be there at all.

I drove half way home with my safety glasses on after work one day.

When I realized I was still wearing them I took them off and my readers fell off of the top of my head into my lap.

Back