Trying To Polish Delrin

Is it possible to flame polish Delrin? Just a thought. Works great on acrylic, don't know about other plastics.

If you go to an auto supply store and get a kit for polishing head lights lens, that might work. You could also try tooth paste, for it has some grit in it,or you could try aluminum polishing compound just a few thoughts Denis

I have used hot acetone vapour to polish ABS plastic. Might work on delrin?

Cheers Phil

Delrin is one of those plastics that is compatible with many harsh chemicals like acetone. You can try it, but I don't think it will do anything but grin right back at you. It does burn!

I have used hot acetone vapour to polish ABS plastic. Might work on delrin?

Cheers Phil

Uhmmmm, that sounds explosive. Care to elaborate a bit? :veryscared::nervous:

Sorry to go off topic but what is HHS? I see a few guys on here refer to HHS in place of HSS. Is that just a different name for HSS that was used in the past? I've never heard HHS until I came here. What does it stand for? I tried searching but only came up with nada.

Sorry to go off topic but what is HHS? I see a few guys on here refer to HHS in place of HSS. Is that just a different name for HSS that was used in the past? I've never heard HHS until I came here. What does it stand for? I tried searching but only came up with nada.

I'm guessing it just a miss-type. I do stuff like that all the time, you should see my posts before I proof read them.

I'm guessing it just a miss-type. I do stuff like that all the time, you should see my posts before I proof read them.

Ah, ok thanks, yup I make typos all the time too. The first time I saw it I figured it was just a typo. But I've seen a number of members type HHS & sometimes in the same thread by multiple members, like this one. That's what got me curious.

Crap! Typo on my part! Should be HSS.

Sorry!

Vibratory tumbler with media and polish? The old rock tumblers again with media, polish, water. Just throwing out some alternatives to elbow grease.

Back