Tooling Up for the MFC Atlas Mill????

Nice, looks like most of the pieces are there. At least on this side.

Looking forward to more when you get it home.

-frank

Welcome to the club. Looks like a nice machine. Pretty complete.
What's your plans?

Very nice. The arm of the level that engages the back gear is not broken. That is unusual. Most are broken.

That is fantastic Kenneth,really like the cast iron legs.If you do a search over on Youtube you will find several to watch maybe pick up some tips

If you get on eBay , search for 2 morse collets , or tool holders. Atlas Mill for parts and arbors. There are several tool stores on there for sets of collets. Shars is a good place to start, cadco ?? Is another. I have one too.

I see an arbor with a cutter, spacers, a vise, and even an original drawbar appears to be sticking out the back! Nice score! The arbors and drawbars are easily lost when the machines are stored and moved and sold, so it's really nice that you got them. I don't recognize the gear mounted to the end of the spindle in place of the drive dog, it must be a retrofit of some kind.

All this and your machine has the power feed for the table. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for all the comments. I hope it comes in handy helping me work on my 1966 Bronco Sport. I also have a Atlas 12X36 lathe. I should be able to make minor parts.

I used to restore Land Rovers. With a 12x36 Atlas you can turn brake drums up to 10". Which was what the short wheelbase Rovers had. Turn the compound around pointing towards you and 30 deg. to the left. Use a boring bar (with the mininun amount stuck out) and carbide inserts. Use a spare hub with the bearing cones removed and mount the drum on it before you put the hub in the chuck.

And wrap the drum in some strapping of leather or rubber 'cause the harmonics will break your ear drums!

Back