TOOL GLOAT!!!!

The arbor support is just visible slid onto the back side of the shafts in the second picture. Mr Tony, I would like that companys info if you can get it.

I'll get the name and text it to you.

I know that Monarch has a couple of rough spots to attend to, and it doesn't have a chasing dial, but it's identical to mine and you're welcome to come to my shop and look at and measure anything on mine if you want to build your own duplicates. But I would think that, other than the compound, you might be able to source out anything else you need.

I have a compound off a 1913 model American that could be made to work. I think the center height is a little off, and I don't remember which way, but you're welcome to it. I'm sure it could be modified to work. Probably just an adapter plate. I also have the big brother to that little arbor press that you can get a look at how the pinion is made if you need a look.

JP, that equipment will sure look good in a new shop! When is the groundbreaking ceremony?

David

Yeah, that's not just a "#2"...that's a 2k...much larger than the 2H. That table looks ridiculously long!

Thats because it is ridiculously long scubasteve! David, I have a man coming to quote me a price on a slab this weekend (30x40), the only hold up now is waiting on SWEPCO to tell me how far from their ROW I have to build. The plus side to the ROW is that there is the posibility of getting 3 phase power to the new shop!
Mr Tony I belive the tailstock is going to be too tall to work for my application, I can return it to you as soon as I get a spare moment. While im there I can measure your monarch for any missing pieces. Thank you all for the support! .

No rush on my part, J. We'll set up a time. I might be moving my lathe this Saturday, not sure yet. I have to arrange a way to unload it. I got rid of my forklift a couple of years ago. I'll probably just rent one for a day. I have a decent rolling gantry, but the most I've ever put on it was the weight of a BP clone, a little over 2,000 lbs. Might could do one end at a time. I'll be using my brother's car hauler, with winch. Nice, low profile bed on it. If I can pull it off this weekend, I may just leave on the trailer under a tarp until I either get a lift and set it, or I am thinking about pouring an addition onto the shop. If I can convince myself to go ahead on that, I'll just put it in the addition whenever that is done.

Just a thought JP, why not pose a question to the members here on what they would add to a new shop if they had the chance! I'm talking about those little things that may be relatively cheap that would make things more convenient for lifting, lighting,storage etc. Not sure if there has been a thread about this. I'm sure there are good ideas out there that may help us all make our shops a little more user friendly!

David

Congratulations on the find you're going to need a bigger hoist.

PS you may want to put an overhead boom in the new shop , those tools will handle pieces you can't lift.

Correct, genec. Those machines are more heavy duty than most of the hobbyists here have, and can handle workpieces of several hundred pounds. I'm getting ready to add on to my shop, and planning to have a over-running bridge crane that will cover the whole thing. I prefer those over gib cranes.

Im going to go with 12 foot walls and have the electrical to each machine run in conduit throught the floor. I am planing to have a subslab poured under where each machine will sit. Im going to nest the machines close enough together that I can stradel both with a gantry crane. I have plans on making the walk door in-line with the K&T so if for any reason in the future I have somthing really long to mill I can run it out the door. The Monarch will sit in the corner (headstock to the corner) and a sliding pigeon hole will acomidate long pieces through the spindel.

Back