TOOL GLOAT!!!!

jpfabricator

Active User
Registered
I picked up a Monarch 16w, And a model 2 K&T horizontal mill today. Yes if anyone was wondering they are from the shop Tony Wells is helping sell out. Here are some pictures for yall!mill and monarch 001.jpgmill and monarch 002.jpgmill and monarch 003.jpgmill and monarch 004.jpgmill and monarch 005.jpgThe last picture shows that the K&T was the small mill somwhere at some time!
mill and monarch 007.jpgmill and monarch 008.jpgmill and monarch 006.jpgHeres a few shots of the Monarch coming out into the daylight for the first time in who knows how long.
mill and monarch 009.jpgmill and monarch 010.jpgHeres all the extras I got also, for comparison the bit on the left is a 2-1/8". The boring head is a Bridgeport, its R-8 end will merit a permenant home with the Millrite! You couldent slap the smile off of my face with a 2x4 right now!

- - - Updated - - -

Now I just need a bigger shop to put it all in, as the shop I have just got tooooo small!!!!!!

mill and monarch 001.jpg mill and monarch 002.jpg mill and monarch 003.jpg mill and monarch 004.jpg mill and monarch 005.jpg mill and monarch 007.jpg mill and monarch 008.jpg mill and monarch 006.jpg mill and monarch 009.jpg mill and monarch 010.jpg

I wondered if you were getting any pictures as we went. I did bring my camera, but was hoping to get some better pictures of the remaining equipment and forgot to get a few of these leaving. We didn't do too much cleaning up after you left, so I didn't get any more pictures.

Glad they are in a good home. Glad you made it home on those MayPop 500's too.

Forgot to add: You didn't show the tailstock.....think it will work? If not, I thought of a use for it myself. I have a indexing chuck I kept the other one for, but also have a larger Cincinnati dividing head that has no tailstock. If it works for you, that's fine. I can build a separate spacer plate for it and use the same tailstock for both.

Last edited:
You are going to love that K & T power feed on the X Y & Z it will take a 1/2 DOC on the horizontal, mite take more I haven't tried yet.

After you get it hooked up and running to need to flush out the gear box and the knee you use kerosene lit it run for about 5 minutes and drain put Mobil 20 weight oil. It will take around 6 gallons.

There is a drain plug on the bottom and it is a filter so it prolly needs cleaning. I use a 5 Gallon bucket cut in half to drain mine you will need to raze the knee all the way up.

There is a Yahoo group for K & T.

Paul

Oh, and jp, that "_____small mill" sticker probably said "very small mill". Where that machine came from, it was very small. They had machine with tables you could sit that one on.

Seems like I remember having an arbor. I didn't see it today, but I'll get back over there and look for it. Would be easy to get one if I can't come up with one, and you'd just have to make up the bearing section to fit that support.

I didnt think today could get any better, then it happened. My wife says "Since your new machines wont fit in your shop, maybe you should build a new shop." WOOO-HOOO, Im gonna start callin for quotes on a pad on monday morning. GOD I love that woman!!!:thumbsup:

My brother just got quoted on a 30 x 40 x 10 with 2 8' OH doors, all steel, for about 16K. If you want, I'll find out who it was. That was a turnkey price.

I didnt think today could get any better, then it happened. My wife says "Since your new machines wont fit in your shop, maybe you should build a new shop." WOOO-HOOO, Im gonna start callin for quotes on a pad on monday morning. GOD I love that woman!!!:thumbsup:

She's a keeper, on your knees and bow down in her presence (then try for a bigger shed while she's in a good mood)
Nice score by the way.
Clive

JP That big K&T is one awesome looking machine, as well as being awesome when working That was a good score, Where I worked some years back we had one of that approx. vintage, Lovely ,powerful machine, it was a treat to operate, Sadly we had a big fat ugly ignorant so called "machinist" who managed to write her off the first day he worked on her

I was really sad about that, It could have lasted for years, They are so powerful & versatile they were to be found in all corners of the world Once you give it a clean & polish up it will be a machine to treasure, Tthat was 5000% fortune!

JP did you get the arbor supports with it if not there had to get at a good price. I have a extra but I don't think it will fit a K model.

If you would mesaure the over arm die & center to center I'll check.

Paul

Back