Tool find. Now what could I possibly do with a 3MT hand drill?

Thanks guys. Very entertaining. I think I will just put it back where it was so my son can find it 20 years from now. .......but I could use it as a falling log type racoon trap in the barn.....

as a thought you could start up a Detroit 16V149 with it
Item-09912_4.jpg

power the towns fares wheel

hook a propeller to it and do short distance flights, or vertical take off and landing sorties.

deerhide remover/stripper

tunnel boring machine!!!
:jester:

my arm hurts just looking at that beast, i took a ride on an old Milwakee 1/2 drill.
i got the "E" ticket ride,
lucky i was able to run around in the direction of rotation so it didn't break my wrist:phew:
it must have looked funny to the other guys in the shop though!

Item-09912_4.jpg

When I read "hand drill" I don't think electric. I think hand cranked. I was going to ask if it came with a chestplate.

Wow, what an old thread but I'll post anyway. If I had that I would stick a live center in it & post up in all the other forums asking "what is this tool used for"? :rofl:

Paper machines once they are aligned, they are taper pinned in place. It can be "fun" drilling and reaming 8" into stainless. My partner was the far and a way the best millwright I have ever worked with. With a rope, a 2x4 and a pipe we made a powerful drill press and made quick work of our quota . But we smoked a couple of 1/2" D-handled Makitas.

That's a bridge reamer in it, so I suspect it was intended to be used in steel structural work. The dead handle is missing, but even if it were there, I'd have to be in a bind to put it to work. I have a mag drill for that, but I hate using it even. You could make a post hole auger and drive it.

If you really wanted to use it as a drill, you could always install a Jacobs chuck, using an MT3-to-JT<whatever> arbor.

Back