WTB Tool and Cutting Grinder

Thank you.... Can these grinders sharpen horizontal mill cutters? I have a Darex E90 end mill sharpener that I have used with moderate success but it isn't capable of sharpening horizonal mill cutters.

Thanks again.

Joe

I would suggest an actual tool and cutter grinder like the Cincinnati, KO Lee, Norton, etc.. If you have horizontal cutters to sharpen that would be the way to go.

Ted

Although the table doesn't move as nice and smooth as my Cincinnati #1 T&C grinder with the ball bearing table, the KO Lee I have is a perfectly capable machine. Here I have mine setup for sharpening reamers. I suggest you study up in the grinding manuals and determine what accessories you think you'll need for the work you want to do. I would think, as a minimum, you would want a pair of centers and some type of head to hold your milling cutters. These can be expensive, although you can make your own. You'll also need stop fingers, etc., but these can easily be made. Wheel hubs are another big ticket item, depending on the mounting system your potential grinder uses. My KO Lee is a simple 5/8" shaft so making your own is a piece of cake. My Cincinnati uses a tapered, keyed mount and I have made hubs for that as well, but they are a little more fussy to make. I have posts on this list of my making them.

Ted

PXL_20210411_152817185.jpg

Thanks much, that is interesting. Are you working off of plans? Any links to find out more about it?

Thanks again.

Joe
All I have is the picture to work off Of.

Thanks, I would be perfectly happy with the K.O. Lee like yours outfitted with the needed accessories. Truth be known, a machine that size would certainly be a better fit in my already beyond cramped garage/shop.

Thanks again.

Joe

jbaccell said:

Thanks much, that is interesting. Are you working off of plans? Any links to find out more about it?

Thanks again.

Joe

Tom
Enco lathe 13x40. Monarch lathe 16x54
Excello Mill. Doall ML16 bandsaw. Abene horizontal mill
G&E 16" shaper. Harig 6-12 surface grinder. Pexto shear.
My YouTube channel "Hill Top Machine Works" My website: hilltopmachineworks.com

Thank you for your help.

Joe

Tom
Enco lathe 13x40. Monarch lathe 16x54
Excello Mill. Doall ML16 bandsaw. Abene horizontal mill
G&E 16" shaper. Harig 6-12 surface grinder. Pexto shear.
My YouTube channel "Hill Top Machine Works" My website: hilltopmachineworks.com

Thank you for your help.

Joe
Eagle rock makes a version of it.. . I have one, havent used it yet though :)

Attachments

• eagle rock.jpg
    eagle rock.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 15
^^^
Good to know. I see it sells for 300 bucks. Hopefully my version will work.

Back