TIG practice

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Still practicing, I'm feeling a little more comfortable, but still making mistakes. These will be pole holders with a T joint, and this is a second pass. It will hold, but won't get me more than minimum wage, if at all :grin: :grin:

Still practicing, I'm feeling a little more comfortable, but still making mistakes. These will be pole holders with a T joint, and this is a second pass. It will hold, but won't get me more than minimum wage, if at all :grin: :grin:
Looks dang good to me.

Looks pretty good. Remember to bevel rather than lay weld just on top.

Your saying to bevel the vertical piece \_/ to the plate? Not _|_|_, or am I misunderstanding? I just tacked it, laid it over in a jig, and welded the valley. Thank you for looking.
I'm still at the stage where this is like rubbing your head, patting your stomach, chewing gum, and playing hop scotch at the same time. :grin:

Thank you, my earlier stuff was terrible, I went back with just the TIG to make it all flow together, and hide it.
Randal I show it to get help, since I only have You Tube to watch. Tom was very gracious to help me out. :encourage:

Nice looking welds! I always check out welds when I'm out and about. I have seen welds that were supposedly done by professionals that don't look as good as yours!

Back