Thinking of buying a drone

Hopefully you'll see some pics of up in Alaska 2 weeks ago from my son's drone . I may have issues loading them , so bear with me . :big grin:

The DJI Mini with all its technology, is so easy to use.
The files are still loading from his mavic . 48 MP pics . I'll get them on when they're done whatever they're doing . :dunno: He has a website which alot of his pics are on , which WON'T let me on .

Hopefully you'll see some pics of up in Alaska 2 weeks ago from my son's drone . I may have issues loading them , so bear with me . :big grin:

The files are still loading from his mavic . 48 MP pics . I'll get them on when they're done whatever they're doing . :dunno: He has a website which alot of his pics are on , which WON'T let me on .
Beautiful photos!!!

A-star, Bell 222 and 407?
Close ;) It is the A-Star in the US but worldwide is known as the Airbus AS350 Écureuil (which means squirrel) or Airbus H125. The red one is a Bell 429, which is larger than the 407 and utilizes two turbines (in the real one) vs the single turbine in the 407. I believe that the cabin of the 429 is quite a bit larger too.

Close ;) It is the A-Star in the US but worldwide is known as the Airbus AS350 Écureuil (which means squirrel) or Airbus H125. The red one is a Bell 429, which is larger than the 407 and utilizes two turbines (in the real one) vs the single turbine in the 407. I believe that the cabin of the 429 is quite a bit larger too.

I've worked with several AS350B3s, they are popular for medivac, fire and search and rescue at higher altitudes and I've spent a lot of time working in the mountains. The 407 was the hot small helicopter for fire in the late 1990s, much better performance than the 206 Long Rangers which were common at the time. I did not know they had made an even better version.

Of course the 222 was Airwolf. ;)

The CHP used to come out to play quite often when I was in Yosemite.

CHP AS350.jpg

Oh yeah, CHP would be the California Highway Patrol, I forget not everybody lives here. :grin:

I would recommend getting the 'Fly More' package. You get two extra batteries, a charging hub, spare props, a holder that that cradles the props when you pack it away, and a good padded case to hold all of your stuff.
I second that... Best value with everything that it includes.

IMG_4614.jpeg

Just to follow up , my son has the DJI Mini and said he would recommend it . He said there are better but a good one for the price.

Is there different regulations for rc planes? I have the flite test P-47 That weights about 2.5 lbs and has a 47.5" wingspan.

I bought a DJI Mini 2 with the fly more package.
Today ws my first day out flying.
It’s much easier thsn I expected.
There was a little breeze but the drone was rock stable.
After watching several videos I tried my hand at some acrobatic video attempts.
I did ok.
Practice and more practice will tame this beast.
The 4K camera is incredible.

Is there different regulations for rc planes? I have the flite test P-47 That weights about 2.5 lbs and has a 47.5" wingspan.
you need to register your plane with the FAA. BTW if you are not flying at an AMA club site, you will need to purchase some new hardware when it becomes available. It will ID your plane to radar.

Back