Thinking of buying a drone

It looks lik the DJI mini 2 would be the money no object one to go for. But for less than $50 Sanrock U61W would be where I’m at. This one is comeswith a HD camera that offers real-time WIFI FPV transmission for video in addition to a 100m control distance

Last edited:
It looks lik the DJI mini 2 would be the money no object one to go for. But for less than $50 Sanrock U61W would be where I’m at. These one is comeswith a HD camera that offers real-time WIFI FPV transmission for video in addition to a 100m control distance
If you do not care much about video quality and only buying it for the fun of flying one, maybe...

Image quality is not that great, flying is sluggish and slow, battery life sucks... Again, as a toy to play with...maybe...

I would stick with the DJI.... Money no object I would go with the DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo or the Cine Premium Combo... but for me, money was an object, and I did not wanted a toy that would not get decent video... so the DJI Mini was it...

It looks lik the DJI mini 2 would be the money no object one to go for. But for less than $50 Sanrock U61W would be where I’m at. These one is comeswith a HD camera that offers real-time WIFI FPV transmission for video in addition to a 100m control distance
Welcome to HM Roberto. You are fairly local to me... about 45 minutes.. that's local as far as I am concerned... :grin:
Are you a newcomer to machining, or someone who has been doing it?

If you do not care much about video quality and only buying it for the fun of flying one, maybe...

Image quality is not that great, flying is sluggish and slow, battery life sucks... Again, as a toy to play with...maybe...

I would stick with the DJI.... Money no object I would go with the DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo... but for me, money was an object, and I did not wanted a toy that would not get decent video... so the DJI Mini was it...
The problem with the DJI is price. while many of the features are very nice to have, not all are necessary to everyone. The DJI is certainly loaded.
I would like the hover, and follow me feature. Do I need them.. NO.
While I would like the DJI, it's out of my price range for how often I would use it.
If it sits on the shelf or in a box it's not worth it. Not unless you have a lot of money to burn.

Welcome to HM Roberto. You are fairly local to me... about 45 minutes.. that's local as far as I am concerned... :grin:
Local or not ...............................................you both busted my east bracket in the pull , but I'm still currently in second place and in the money ! :encourage: Welcome again Roberto , we like pics ! :)

Local or not ...............................................you both busted my east bracket in the pull , but I'm still currently in second place and in the money ! :encourage: Welcome again Roberto , we like pics ! :)
yea, St. Pete's knocked most everyone out. Very few left standing I'm sure.

The problem with the DJI is price. while many of the features are very nice to have, not all are necessary to everyone. The DJI is certainly loaded.
I would like the hover, and follow me feature. Do I need them.. NO.
While I would like the DJI, it's out of my price range for how often I would use it.
If it sits on the shelf or in a box it's not worth it. Not unless you have a lot of money to burn.
I wanted the active track (the follow feature)... but the Mini does not have that (nor the newer version Mini 2) and going higher (price wise) was not an option for me...

At the time, I just could not find anything good that had the following feature at the price point I was looking for... still regret it, but I just could not justify the expense. And as I mentioned before, mine sits on the shelf... I have just played with it once or twice since getting it... I need to get out more.

Back