Thinking about selling my 1340GT

The most obvious thing would be to become a contributing member on this site and list it here.

Folks on the forum know what it is and how long the wait for new is.

Once you get into this price range most buyers are willing to travel or arrange shipment.

John

Y
The most obvious thing would be to become a contributing member on this site and list it here.

Folks on the forum know what it is and how long the wait for new is.

Once you get into this price range most buyers are willing to travel or arrange shipment.

John
Yup I will go ahead and contribute to this site and then list the lathe for sale. Thank you

Out in the vegas area - it is a machinery desert. Very little interest in the buying and selling of machines. I'm guessing that using Facebook marketplace here wont be of much help (for a a machine at this price range).
Don’t underestimate how far someone will travel to buy a lathe they can’t find locally, or buy new without waiting months to get delivery. I look at Marketplace first when looking for something and always get listings from 5+ hours away. It costs you nothing to post on Marketplace, so you might find someone a few hours away looking for exactly what you are selling. For me, the better the pictures, the more likely I will contact someone out of my area, so spend some time to light it well and take plenty of pictures to post.

@poorboy Exactly what @Ischgl99 said. Facebook Marketplace is the new go-to these days for buying and selling. You will miss a huge market without it.

Don’t underestimate how far someone will travel to buy a lathe they can’t find locally, or buy new without waiting months to get delivery. I look at Marketplace first when looking for something and always get listings from 5+ hours away. It costs you nothing to post on Marketplace, so you might find someone a few hours away looking for exactly what you are selling. For me, the better the pictures, the more likely I will contact someone out of my area, so spend some time to light it well and take plenty of pictures to post.

I looked for years until I found a great deal on a 1440 size. 6 hour drive each way was a breeze after looking for so long. I own an F350 (8' bed like a truck is supposed to be) so I was loaded, strapped down in 30 minutes and gone.

So going onto the PM site and imputing the same options etc that I plan on selling -- a new 1340GT goes for around $10,800 + sales tax. Any idea on what a fair price would be if I were to sell my machine ?
Well, Assuming you paid less than the new price today. Split the difference between the two and see what kind of response you get. I don't know it's just a guess! You can always take less than the asking price, but it would be a cold day in you know where before you get more than your asking price.

Where are you located? Some areas seem to have lots of machine tools for sale. The market will determine what you can get in those areas. In my area there are very few machines listed for sale but a lot of interest. A machine shows up for sale and is sold within hours. You can probably get close to new retail price in those areas. A buyer will have to decide how much new with warranty means in $ and how long they are willing to wait.

Back