Thinking about selling my 1340GT

poorboy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am thinking of putting my Precision Mathews 1340GT up for sale (to help fund the purchase of a Haas CNC lathe). It was originally purchased 1/27/2021 and
received and setup around 09/2021. It is in excellent shape with no damage.

Here are the specifics of what will be included in the sale:

PM-1340GT-SLP-3PH (220V 3 Phase power)
Chip Pan
4 way tool post
Tail Stock
Steady Rest
Follow Rest
Precision Mathews Steel Base
Micrometer Carriage Stop
High Precision Keyless Chuck
Precision Mathews 8" High Precision 4 Jaw Lathe Chuck, D1-4 Mount (the Bison 6" 3 Jaw Chuck shown in the photos is not for sale)
8x40 Mag-DRO

Enclosed please see some pictures.

Im just curious to see where people think that I should list it for sale and how much i should ask ?

Thanks

Adam

Attachments

• Lathe 13.jpg
    Lathe 13.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Lathe 12.jpg
    Lathe 12.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Lathe 11.jpg
    Lathe 11.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Lathe 10.jpg
    Lathe 10.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Lathe 9.jpg
    Lathe 9.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 58
  • Lathe 8.jpg
    Lathe 8.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 60
  • Lathe 7.jpg
    Lathe 7.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Lathe 6.jpg
    Lathe 6.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Lathe 5.jpg
    Lathe 5.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 57
  • Lathe 4.jpg
    Lathe 4.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Lathe 3.jpg
    Lathe 3.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Lathe 2.jpg
    Lathe 2.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Lathe 1.jpg
    Lathe 1.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 67
How old, and what kind if projects? Mine took a couple of months to sell here in Hawaii, but I did get near new price for it, there are not a lot of machines , or users here I guess.

You will most likely get at least what you paid for it or more. Don't sell yourself short.
As far as whether to sell it or not to buy a Haas, that is a question that only you can answer.

Assuming that I was to indeed sell it - any idea where to list it ?

As for the Haas - I already have a Haas TM0P (mill) in my garage and I am very happy with it (no complaints at all). I am quiet proficient with fusion 360 and usually work on the TM0P every day (where as now -- I hardly spend any time working on my manual mill and lathe these days).

How old, and what kind if projects? Mine took a couple of months to sell here in Hawaii, but I did get near new price for it, there are not a lot of machines , or users here I guess.
The lathe was new when it was setup in 09/2021. I don't use it much these days (as I mainly spend time working on my CNC mill).

I’d post it here and on Accurate Shooter. I sold my PM1130 about 3 weeks ago in a day or so.
I just bought a new PM1440 2V and was delivered Friday last week. I’d be all over this..

GLWS..

Last edited:
Facebook Marketplace is where I sell most stuff now.
I used to use Craigslist a lot but there were so many scammers on there I got tired of it. It seems that since Facebook Marketplace started, craigslist has become somewhat of a ghost town.
Don't get me wrong, there are still scammers on facebook, but they are a little easier to weed out because you can look at their profile. I never respond to "Is this still available?"

So going onto the PM site and imputing the same options etc that I plan on selling -- a new 1340GT goes for around $10,800 + sales tax. Any idea on what a fair price would be if I were to sell my machine ?

Facebook Marketplace is where I sell most stuff now.
I used to use Craigslist a lot but there were so many scammers on there I got tired of it. It seems that since Facebook Marketplace started, craigslist has become somewhat of a ghost town.
Don't get me wrong, there are still scammers on facebook, but they are a little easier to weed out because you can look at their profile. I never respond to "Is this still available?"
Out in the vegas area - it is a machinery desert. Very little interest in the buying and selling of machines. I'm guessing that using Facebook marketplace here wont be of much help (for a a machine at this price range).

Last edited:
Back