Thinking about selling my 1340GT

Out in the vegas area - it is a machinery desert. Very little interest in the buying and selling of machines. I'm guessing that using Facebook marketplace here wont be of much help (for a a machine at this price range).
On a few machines I've sold and or given away, Its like you say - here in Vegas is tough... LoL if they're selling a machine its worth a fortune , but if your selling then it's worth half - just amazing isn't it.

I have found that people will come from other areas to buy so long as your patient about it - You're going to take a hit in my opinion - with only a hand full of users here and to people willing to make the trek - its a buyers market.

Being budget minded If I was in the market for an expensive lathe like the 1340GT - I may pay you 7500.00 as listed on PMs site assuming its in excellent condition and, expect the stand and chuck to come with it as my its a used lathe bonus , if not id save a little bit more buy new for the full warranty, Not being snide but there are plenty of alternatives in that price range that people on a budget will consider...

Time is your friend and the right person with a need may pay more if they cant wait. I believe most people wont even consider tax & shipping as part of the equation when determining price on used equipment, I would start out by asking 8.5k including the stand & chuck, any other tooling i'd use to sweeten the deal for the sale and just wait till the right person comes along, just be patient.

I just got the 1236T basically the same machine from pm that all tallied up was just over 9k delivered, still on the crate and never used I bet I could maybe get 8k unless the right person came along and was also willing to reimburse me the tax and shipping 1k. but I would expect and be thrilled to get 7K if I needed the space and wish to sell it in a month or two..

I was born and raised here, this is a transient town so It's very hit or miss - timing as you know is everything.

Just my 2 Cents....

Last edited:
Lathe has been sold
That was quick. Do you mind sharing what you got for it? People often ask what they should ask / what they should offer. Hard to know when you don't what people actually end up paying...

I received the exact amount asked -- $8,000. The Craiglist's Listing is where he saw the lathe advertised on. I'm in Henderson Nevada and he drove in from S. California to pick it up. The disassembly and loading of his trailer took around 5 hours and it was a royal pain in the ass :)

Adam

Just out of curiosity, Was there anything you didn't like about the lathe or are you just ready for that next Level...
Mike.
The lathe was fine however i wanted to move towards cnc. I already have a Haas tm0p and i would like to get a tl1.

Thanks
Adam

Back