The ACRA has landed

Did you have a lot of R8 tooling you wanted to keep? Most of the larger 5 hp machines are 40 taper. My mill accepted Cat 40 and those holders can be found pretty cheap. Dave

I was heavily invested in R8 equipment, and this is not a 5hp it's 3hp, so I kept the R8 spindle. :)

I had you mixed up with the guy who bought a new mill with the 5 hp Baldor. Happens a lot. Dave

@Beckerkumm I think that was me you were thinking about. Yes 40 taper with the big 4-3/8" diameter quill.

Yes, I'm surprised at how many variations there are of the same head design, even with the 40 taper size. The quill on my VH25 is in between yours and the smaller models. My Rambaudi is over 5" but is 50 taper. 40 is a nice size to handle in comparison. Dave

It looks good and Mitutoyo is a very good brand. All my measuring equipment in my Machinist days was Mitutoyo. However, I just got a digital Shars digital 6 inch quill scale for my Old Bridgeport. These day's I have to save money.

I'm right at the door step of having to be very frugal, I'm trying to tool up, so it's not so hard going forward. :)

Back