Tennessee Tuxedo - the fashion faux-pas !

I had forgotten about the TT cartoon :oops: TMB at work, not to be confused with CRS.:)

Yup, at home home its jeans, flannel shirt, and black sneakers for fancy dress. Used to be black cowboy boots, but have gone full geezer and dropped the cowboy boots. Hear on the beach it was lightweight pajama pants, and a Woodstock t-shirt, and sandals for Christmas dinner, and I think I was overdressed. Anyone remember where the word sneakers comes from? Hint, think Korean war. Mike

Yup, at home home its jeans, flannel shirt, and black sneakers for fancy dress. Used to be black cowboy boots, but have gone full geezer and dropped the cowboy boots. Hear on the beach it was lightweight pajama pants, and a Woodstock t-shirt, and sandals for Christmas dinner, and I think I was overdressed. Anyone remember where the word sneakers comes from? Hint, think Korean war. Mike
what beach are you on or near? Are you a snowbird?

Isle de Culebra is the island, Flamenco beach is where I walk generally. Supposed to be in the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world, don't know about that, but it is very nice, and uncrowded. Someone drowned there yesterday. I saw them examining the body. Have been here every winter for the last 20yrs, with the exception of last year. House is up for sale now so this will be my last hurrah, unless I come back and rent something. Mike

what beach are you on or near? Are you a snowbird?
1640785382142.png

Isle de Culebra is the island, Flamenco beach is where I walk generally. Supposed to be in the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world, don't know about that, but it is very nice, and uncrowded. Someone drowned there yesterday. I saw them examining the body. Have been here every winter for the last 20yrs, with the exception of last year. House is up for sale now so this will be my last hurrah, unless I come back and rent something. Mike

View attachment 390129

What do you do down there? I like what I see, but I would go stir crazy without being able to be in the shop and tinker.
I'm just not a laydown on the beach kind of guy..
I could do it for an hour.. but then I would want to play Volleyball. Anyone for a game, we can go down and visit with Mike :beer mugs: have an HM party.

I have a small shop here, and have spent years improving the house, new plumbing, wiring, concrete and plaster work, built custom doors, and metal gates, and working on large tile mosaics. I'm not very good at sitting either. I walk on the beach several miles every day, and hike the interior and rougher coastline areas from time to time. Some pics of the house here. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/...Culebra-PR-00775/2081854256_zpid/?view=public

What do you do down there? I like what I see, but I would go stir crazy without being able to be in the shop and tinker.
I'm just not a laydown on the beach kind of guy..
I could do it for an hour.. but then I would want to play Volleyball. Anyone for a game, we can go down and visit with Mike :beer mugs: have an HM party.

Last edited:
Do you not have the Puerto Rico advantage of zero federal taxes?

Back