Tennessee Tuxedo - the fashion faux-pas !

graham-xrf

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Oops - I inadvertently did it again! (This has happened before).
Blue denim jeans combined with blue denim long-sleeved shirt with twin rivet-stud pockets, all at the same time.

Apparently an uncool combination, compounded by red T-shirt with the black crew-neck edging, and the shop boots (with the steel in the toe-caps), I was informed by daughter that such is not appropriate attire for dinner with Christmas guests. I forget - was it "Texas Tuxedo", or maybe "Tucson Tuxedo"?

I would have thought that the ensemble was perfectly appropriate attire for just about any occasion, though I will allow that I should have changed the boots for the "going out" ones. On general principles, I kept the wearing the comfy jeans, but because it was lovely, fashion-conscious daughter calling me out on it, I ended up in white shirt and posh boots. I would have thought the ensemble was about right for a New Orleans funeral, and maybe for getting hitched (or divorced), in most other places. :(

Oops - I inadvertently did it again! (This has happened before).
Blue denim jeans combined with blue denim long-sleeved shirt with twin rivet-stud pockets, all at the same time.

Apparently an uncool combination, compounded by red T-shirt with the black crew-neck edging, and the shop boots (with the steel in the toe-caps), I was informed by daughter that such is not appropriate attire for dinner with Christmas guests. I forget - was it "Texas Tuxedo", or maybe "Tucson Tuxedo"?

I would have thought that the ensemble was perfectly appropriate attire for just about any occasion, though I will allow that I should have changed the boots for the "going out" ones. On general principles, I kept the wearing the comfy jeans, but because it was lovely, fashion-conscious daughter calling me out on it, I ended up in white shirt and posh boots. I would have thought the ensemble was about right for a New Orleans funeral, and maybe for getting hitched (or divorced), in most other places. :(
I don't understand? What's wrong with that?

I wore blue denim, and a red and white flannel, and slippers.. It was cold, and my little granddaughter seems to like my flannel as it's warm and soft.

Maybe it was the rivet studded pockets, maybe you needed rhinestones?
Oh geez, she did not like your boots? Did you at least remove the embedded chips in the bottom? :rolleyes:
I have to figure out a better way of removing the chips, every time I go upstairs, I wipe on a mat that will hopefully remove the chips, but I always find chips around the house... and unfortunately my big boy Rex has found them in his paw on a couple of occasions.

I'm guessing most of us are NOT fashion Icons...

If you wait long enough, you'll be fashionable for a while. I'm sure most of us have that favourite pair of jeans that cost almost nothing, have survived a decade and bear many scars, rips and patches. Fashionable types were recently paying hundreds of dollars for brand new jeans pre ripped and "distressed". Takes all sorts.

I have worn black denim jeans for nearly all occasions for the past twenty years. The exceptions are weddings and funerals.If we have guests or we're going out to eat, I will put on a dress shirt and possibly a sweater or down vest, depending upon weather conditions. I don't own a tux or dinner jacket and never will.

I used to wear plain 10" Red Wing boots in either brown or black but the boot that I wore has been discontinued and the replacement is a poor shadow of the original. Since retiring, a pair of Minnetonka moccasins around the house or a pair of Walker black lace up shoes when going out.

I figure that at 77 years, I no longer have to be fashion conscious and can wear whatever I choose. The nice part about being a cranky old fart.

Back