TECO VFD help please

Hello Guys,

Que I think your having similar problems as I did about 1 year ago with my TECO 7300CV. I called their help desk and a guy was extremely helpful. My problem was I was trying to use COM terminal to ground forward stop reverse switch. They advised me to ground to PE and not use COM at all for any grounding. Then set 06 to 000 which is factory default. It has worked like a top ever since. Also are you converting 220 single phase to 220 3-phase? If so they advised me to use L1 and L3 and leave L2 with nothing.

I made a drawing and took notes, not electrically correct, but thats the way I could recall this.

Hope this helps,

RWW

Last edited:
good. than you are off to a good start.

If that is the case, than go ahead and set F4 to 001, F11 to 000, and F12 to 001 if you lose the control from the keypad that means the setting is good. then try to bridge T4 and T8. when you do bridge those, I would recommend disconnecting the DPDT switch, and bridging those terminals with the wire touching inside the terminal (not above) to make sure you have proper contact between the terminals and the bridging wire.

Just tried that and I get nothing by bridging. Switch is out of play and using bare wire for bridging with settings as you stated.

What are Function 5 and 6 setup as?
F05 should be 000 or 001
F06 should be 000

does the display show any error/message when you try to start the motor with the FWD/STOP/REV external switch/bridge?

No error messages and both F5 and F6 are on 000

Ok here is the fix although I haven't the time to do it.

Use Ter 3 instead of Ter 8 due to factory settings. Something about the NPN and PNP settings default from the company.
For the initial startup problem I've had with the motor starting in rew then having to stop and hit run again for it to go fwd. This I did and it works. Go to F51 and change that to 001. This lets you get to the C settings. To do that hit the DSP/FUN button. Change C14 to 001. The guy I talked with talked way above my head but hey it works.

What I found out in all of this is when in need and all thats been tried then contact customer support. They were quite helpful.
I really appreciate all of y'alls help on this also.

yeah I'm pretty dang pleased about it too

I am finding that you can switch NPN to PNP ,it is the switch on the lower right. PNP setting and you will use #3 24 volt common.
NPN setting, and you will use #8 common.
I was told in my thread (I can't find it now) that it really does not matter. PNP you are sending 24 volt (term 3) to S1 and S2, NPN you are grounding S1 and S2.
I did find my Pot. would not work properly with the Analog control selection factory setting, (not sure witch one it was/is now) but I had to change it to the other setting.
I was only getting about a 10 HZ change over the whole range of the pot. with the other setting.
Thanks, Tony
[h=3][/h]

Ok here is the fix although I haven't the time to do it.

Use Ter 3 instead of Ter 8 due to factory settings. Something about the NPN and PNP settings default from the company.
For the initial startup problem I've had with the motor starting in rew then having to stop and hit run again for it to go fwd. This I did and it works. Go to F51 and change that to 001. This lets you get to the C settings. To do that hit the DSP/FUN button. Change C14 to 001. The guy I talked with talked way above my head but hey it works.

What I found out in all of this is when in need and all thats been tried then contact customer support. They were quite helpful.
I really appreciate all of y'alls help on this also.

OK up until now I really haven't minded being without reverse but now I need it. Have been turning off remote switch on VFD panel and controlling it in reverse since. Having adding the remote fwd/off/rvs switch.
now the question...........how the heck do I get rvs to work in remote mode? I am using ter3 for common and 4 for fwd and 5 for rvs. Even when I simply jumper 3 to 5 it goes fwd. What setting am I overlooking?

Hello Que,
First I want to confirm the model number drive - you say below that it is a JNEV-101-H1. This model is a 115V single phase input. Anyways, I think the programming is the same whether it is 115 V or 220 V.

There are several ways of configuring the forward / reverse mode.
From all of the responses below, it looks like some are addressing the "Forward / Stop / Reverse" mode, while your original post looked like you were going for the "Run/Stop - Forward/Reverse" mode. You make this selection via parameter F06. The factory default for F06 is the "Forward/Stop/Reverse" mode. Page 18 in the Teco JNEV manual shows how to configure these modes (but it's confusing until you have been through it 20 times). Also see page 28 for the wiring connections.

If you are going for the Run/Stop - Forward/Reverse mode where you have two switches, one for Run/Stop and the second switch for Forward/Reverse, then you configure like this:
F04 = 001 (remote control selected)
F06 = 001 (Run/Stop - Fwd/Rev mode selected)
F11 = 000 (Forward command)
F12 = 001 (Reverse command)

This mode only requires two spst switches (one for Run/Stop and one for For/Rev)
With the PNP/NPN switch in the PNP setting, wiring connected like this:
24V (term3) Common to both switches
S1 (term 4) to the Run/Stop NO side
S2 (term 5) to the For/Rev NO side

On some of the more recent posts below, it looks like you are leaning more towards the "Forward/Stop/Reverse" mode which also uses two switches, but with a single operator lever. This is the mode I use on my Clausing because it acts the same as to old high voltage "drum switch." For this configuration you have the two switches on a single operator with a center off position, all with "maintained position" meaning that the switch stays where you set it. The switches have to be mechanically connected so that only one can be closed at a time. The configuration for this mode is:
F04 = 001 (remote control selected)
F06 = 000 (For/Stop/Rev selected)
F11 = 000 (Forward command)
F12 = 001 (Reverse command)
With the PNP/NPN switch in the PNP setting, wiring connected like this:
24V (term 3) to Common to both switches
S1 (term 4) to the Forward side of the switch
S2 (term 5) to the Reverse side of the switch
(the center "Stop" position keeps both switches open)

Let us know which configuration you want to use, and if it works out for you.
Terry S.

Back