TECO VFD help please

got busy in the shop today and didn't get a chance to mess with it. try to in the next few days. I believe I read somewhere that the gnd wire from the vfd to the lathe chassis caused some problems for others with the wrong intial start. may just pull that and see what if any diff it makes.

Got me a dpdt switch with the center as off. Tried setting up with f4 as 001, f11 as 000 and f12 as 001, nothing. Once I change that f4 then I can't run keyboard or remote switch to pwr up. About ready to throw my hands up.

With those settings I just attempted to jump between T 4 and T8...... nothing.

Got me a dpdt switch with the center as off. Tried setting up with f4 as 001, f11 as 000 and f12 as 001, nothing. Once I change that f4 then I can't run keyboard or remote switch to pwr up. About ready to throw my hands up.

have you tried bridging S1(T4) and COM (T8) with a short wire (without DPDT switch) with F4 set as 001, and F11 as 000, and F12 as 001?

I did try a jumper although the switch was still connected at the time. I guess thats the next step.

I hope I don't come off as too basic or anything, but what I would do first is leave any additional controllers (like the FWD/STOP/REV switch) out of the picture, and just connect the VFD to the motor, and test for basic functionality - turn on, turn off, FWD/REV (from the VFD itself), speed up- speed down.

once the above is all functioning as planned I would then add the additional controllers and start changing the settings to support them. that way you'll at least know that it's the controller/setting that is causing the issues, and not the basic connection to the motor. leaves some of the guess work out.

Not too basic at all. That is how it is set up and running. Now I am attempting to add the remote switching.

good. than you are off to a good start.

If that is the case, than go ahead and set F4 to 001, F11 to 000, and F12 to 001 if you lose the control from the keypad that means the setting is good. then try to bridge T4 and T8. when you do bridge those, I would recommend disconnecting the DPDT switch, and bridging those terminals with the wire touching inside the terminal (not above) to make sure you have proper contact between the terminals and the bridging wire.

good. than you are off to a good start.

If that is the case, than go ahead and set F4 to 001, F11 to 000, and F12 to 001 if you lose the control from the keypad that means the setting is good. then try to bridge T4 and T8. when you do bridge those, I would recommend disconnecting the DPDT switch, and bridging those terminals with the wire touching inside the terminal (not above) to make sure you have proper contact between the terminals and the bridging wire.

I do lose the keypad control when I do that. I'll have to give your suggestion, removing switch and jumping ter not screws, an attempt tomorrow afternoon. I got "fed up" and left the shop for the night. tomorrow after work I'll go back to it and try.

thanks for all the help folks

They (VFD's) can be a little frustrating at first till you figure out the quirks. Hang in there...

Back