Tap Socket Set

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm tired of trying to get a chuck tight enough to drive a tap and equally tired of cranking the knee up and down to use my spindle tapper.
I ordered this set

1709912132793.png

but what I really want is a set of these.
1709912239722.png
I can only find them in metric, I need inch/imperial/SAE/US Customary.
Anyone know where I can find them?

1709912239722.png
What actually are they ? Can't tell .

Are they square socket drivers ?

I just unloaded a bunch of these things . I'll have to check the sizes of the working ends . :encourage:

When I saw that top chuck you just bought , it reminded me of this I just unpacked . Looks different though . This has a flex collet from 1/8" - 1/2" . It's a Jacobs #6426 . Never seen one before but pretty cool . :grin: I'll check what those drivers are down here , it's a ship load of them .

Attachments

• IMG_1059.JPG
    IMG_1059.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 16
I'm tired of trying to get a chuck tight enough to drive a tap and equally tired of cranking the knee up and down to use my spindle tapper.
I ordered this set

View attachment 481570

View attachment 481571
Unless I’m mistaken, the picture shows metric nut drivers.
If you’re looking for SAE nut drivers, any box store should have them, as well as Amazon or ebay.
If you are looking for square or double square sockets those are readily available from tool trucks you can also find them on ebay or amazon

I bought Lisle tap sockets. I was going to cut off a 3" extension and drive them with that in the chuck instead of the hardened shank. Then I started using an er20 collet chuck and it works great.

Unless I’m mistaken, the picture shows metric nut drivers.
If you’re looking for SAE nut drivers, any box store should have them, as well as Amazon or ebay.
If you are looking for square or double square sockets those are readily available from tool trucks you can also find them on ebay or amazon
They look like nut drivers except the hole is square and sized for tap shanks.

Basically, I'm looking for the shortest possible positive drive for taps. Picture drilling and tapping without have to move the knee.
And no, the combo drill and taps won't work, mostly working in blind holes

Back