Tap Driver Adapter Needed

Bob Korves

Platinum
Rest In Peace
So, I have this tap adapter. It is a Scully Jones #118, #6 Morse taper, 1-5/16" square internal tap drive.

SAM_1564.JPG

I have about 80 holes to tap and I want to power drive this 2-56 tap, at the fastest possible speed.

SAM_1566.JPG

Does anyone here have a 1-5/16 to 7/64" square adapter I might be able to borrow to do the work?

SAM_1568.JPG

Oh, and I also need to borrow a #2 male Morse taper to #6 female Morse taper adapter so I can drive it with my mini lathe. I am hoping someone here has both adapters I can borrow. :-|

Hey Bob,
If you'd just part with a few bucks and pick yourself up a little L&S lathe like this one, you wouldn't need that #2 to #6 MT adapter, and I think I saw those 1-5/16 to 7/64" square adapters at Ace Hardware.

upload_2016-11-3_15-43-4.jpeg

And I think the lathe would drive that 2-56 tap without too much sweat !

Ted

upload_2016-11-3_15-39-40.jpeg

Morse Taper adaptors usually only jump 1 or 2 tapers at a time, #2 to #3, #3 to #5 etc. I have never seen one that jumps from #1 to #6 taper. That is a large difference. Take a pic if you find one please.

"Billy G"

I think you guys are taking Bob's post a little too seriously !

Ted

With all due respect to you Ted, there is nothing in his post (smileys etc.) to lead me to believe he wasn't serious.

"Billy G"

8^)

I was given that tap driver as a paperweight or conversation piece. About the only use I could figure for it was to spoof Hobby-Machinist. I was wondering if I would be taken seriously or in the spirit of good natured fun...

Perhaps my humor is a bit different, no malice intended...

Last edited:
A left hand lathe!
I like it!!

I take every question seriously unless shown otherwise. Ya got me!!!

"Billy G"

Back